Technology internet bandwith for medical office? cable vs dsl

Started by bulldog
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bulldog

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For a medical office with EHR (like practice fusion), what is recommended bandwith? I can get ATT DSL for $85/mo with 18 mbps down and 1.5 mbps up or cable for $299/mo with 30 mbps down and 5 mpbs up.
 
That would be a great question for the folks at Practice Fusion. I'd suggest reaching out to them and sharing their response here. Also, I'd consider whether you plan on using resources like videoconferencing for either remote visits or patient education programs, accessing imaging, etc.