Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

internet classes bad?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Greg Focker RN, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Greg Focker RN

Greg Focker RN Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I need to finish up my Bachelor's in Nursing and I was wondering if internet classes would be frowned upon by med schools (just the nursing classes)? I plan on taking the rest of my sciences in the classroom, however.

Thanks.

2. (nicedream)

(nicedream) Fitter Happier
    7+ Year Member

They wouldn't even know the classes were online unless it is noted on the transcript. I've taken classes online, and the transcript did not indicate this in any way.

3. Echinoidea

Echinoidea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

AACOMAS will not indicate that they were online courses in any way. I took several online courses through a community college to mitigate the F's I got in those classes years ago when I was a screwup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Greg Focker RN

Greg Focker RN Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks guys. I'm very thankful for this board already and I've only been here for about a day.

5. misconception?

7+ Year Member

make sure you know what your transcript will say before you take the class. a friend of mine took a class at a community college online, after a semesters worth of exams and labs (which he had to do at the school) his transcript said something like "This course does not satisfy a graduate level requirement." He applied to medical school anyways and got accepted to every osteopathic school he applied to and rejected from every allopathic school.

my gf took the first semester of chem online at colorado community college.. i actually picked it out for her.. they had an online version of the course and a class based version and there was no difference on the transcript. but at all of her interviews they asked her what she was doing in colorado.... =)

6. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet
    7+ Year Member

internet classes are fine, dont stress

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. sportsmedicjim

sportsmedicjim Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Greg,

Concerning internet classes, pick one or two med schools (your top choices) and call the admissions people. Ask them if there is a problem with transcripts from XYZ College.

Before you matriculate you will have to submit final transcripts from all attended schools...

Best wishes!

Jim
    MUSC
    Class of 2008