internet classes bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Greg Focker RN

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to finish up my Bachelor's in Nursing and I was wondering if internet classes would be frowned upon by med schools (just the nursing classes)? I plan on taking the rest of my sciences in the classroom, however.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Greg Focker RN
I need to finish up my Bachelor's in Nursing and I was wondering if internet classes would be frowned upon by med schools (just the nursing classes)? I plan on taking the rest of my sciences in the classroom, however.

Thanks.

They wouldn't even know the classes were online unless it is noted on the transcript. I've taken classes online, and the transcript did not indicate this in any way.

AACOMAS will not indicate that they were online courses in any way. I took several online courses through a community college to mitigate the F's I got in those classes years ago when I was a screwup.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. I'm very thankful for this board already and I've only been here for about a day.

make sure you know what your transcript will say before you take the class. a friend of mine took a class at a community college online, after a semesters worth of exams and labs (which he had to do at the school) his transcript said something like "This course does not satisfy a graduate level requirement." He applied to medical school anyways and got accepted to every osteopathic school he applied to and rejected from every allopathic school.

my gf took the first semester of chem online at colorado community college.. i actually picked it out for her.. they had an online version of the course and a class based version and there was no difference on the transcript. but at all of her interviews they asked her what she was doing in colorado.... =)

internet classes are fine, dont stress

Greg,

Concerning internet classes, pick one or two med schools (your top choices) and call the admissions people. Ask them if there is a problem with transcripts from XYZ College.

Before you matriculate you will have to submit final transcripts from all attended schools...

Best wishes!

Jim
MUSC
Class of 2008