Interning at CVS & Walmart simultaneously and wanting to get a RPh offer from both.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B1uePi11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have interned at CVS for 3 years and have interned at Walmart for 10 months. CVS does not know about my employment at Walmart. Walmart thinks I quit CVS 10 months ago.

I want to get an offer from both. Will Walmart call CVS once I transition to be a pharmacist job there? I just want to know the process of a Walmart intern becoming a pharmacist and whether it entails calling my previous employers.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think current employers call references.

I can see a need to verify employment history, which could be a problem if you are still working for CVS. The market H&W director probably has no interest in contacting your supervisor at CVS.

Members don't see this ad :)
If they hire you for a pharmacist position they may require a background check at some point, which will probably show you're employed by both companies.

You are not a plain ordinary garden variety fool. You are crazy ***** fool. You know it is against the policy of both companies, yet you do it anyway. You risk everything for a choice that you should be able to make after 10 months at Walmart. You rolled the dice. You have not been caught yet. You can keep playing at the craps table or you can cash out while you are ahead. It's up to you. But sooner or later you are going to roll snake eyes. Somebody at one of the stores will call for a copy and recognize your voice and then you are in trouble.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for the input Zelman, Sine Cura, and Digsbe. I appreciate your opinions.

When you apply to be a pharmacist just don't mention previous employment. When you apply for CVS just put down you have been a CVS intern for X amount of years. They don't even care how long it is. They know you are a new graduate with no other work experience. Same with Walmart, just write down you were an intern for Walmart and for how long. Don't mention Walmart to CVS and CVS to Walmart.

You are not a plain ordinary garden variety fool. You are crazy ***** fool. You know it is against the policy of both companies, yet you do it anyway. You risk everything for a choice that you should be able to make after 10 months at Walmart. You rolled the dice. You have not been caught yet. You can keep playing at the craps table or you can cash out while you are ahead. It's up to you. But sooner or later you are going to roll snake eyes. Somebody at one of the stores will call for a copy and recognize your voice and then you are in trouble.
why are you so acrimonious all the time? Did CVS make you like that? Just give him or her some advice and let it go.

I have interned at CVS for 3 years and have interned at Walmart for 10 months. CVS does not know about my employment at Walmart. Walmart thinks I quit CVS 10 months ago.

I want to get an offer from both. Will Walmart call CVS once I transition to be a pharmacist job there? I just want to know the process of a Walmart intern becoming a pharmacist and whether it entails calling my previous employers.

warning! If they catch you lying and doing this kind of unethical s*** you will be branded as management material and immediately promoted.

Reactions: 5 users
why are you so acrimonious all the time? Did CVS make you like that? Just give him or her some advice and let it go.

Yea, what she said. what the hell does "acrimonious" mean anyway? Actually I agree with Oldtimer. Job market is tightening up and everybody is comlaining and worried wheter they will have a job tomorrow. B1uePi11 is actually risking not having a job with either of the 2 large employers of pharmacists. Not smart . You should really listen to Old Timer on this. he knows of what he speaks and the corporate pharmacy world does not need you (or any of us). Get caught and its not worth it. Nor would I have posted it on here.

Yea, what she said. what the hell does "acrimonious" mean anyway? Actually I agree with Oldtimer. Job market is tightening up and everybody is comlaining and worried wheter they will have a job tomorrow. B1uePi11 is actually risking not having a job with either of the 2 large employers of pharmacists. Not smart . You should really listen to Old Timer on this. he knows of what he speaks and the corporate pharmacy world does not need you (or any of us). Get caught and its not worth it. Nor would I have posted it on here.
if you dont know a certain vocab, stop acting like a di,ck and go look it up lol. I agree with old timer that it is not a smart move. It's just his attitude that is provoking me. Have fun being corporate slaves everyone.

if you dont know a certain vocab, stop acting like a di,ck and go look it up lol. I agree with old timer that it is not a smart move. It's just his attitude that is provoking me. Have fun being corporate slaves everyone.

Wait your a student?? Shouldn't you be on the pre pharm page or starting a page with all your classmates to talk about your latest romance. you got it all figured out. I love that about students. You should hope to get all the experience in the profession that many of us here have. I , as well as all of us here, certainly don't want to provoke you. Gee golly gosh. we are sorry. we bow to thee.

Wait your a student?? Shouldn't you be on the pre pharm page or starting a page with all your classmates to talk about your latest romance. you got it all figured out. I love that about students. You should hope to get all the experience in the profession that many of us here have. I , as well as all of us here, certainly don't want to provoke you. Gee golly gosh. we are sorry. we bow to thee.

Jesus christ, man.

Members don't see this ad :)
how have you not already been caught while doing a transfer?

I call it the way I see it. I tend not to be sneaky and underhanded. I also know a colleague who was moonlighting at Costco and got fired from CVS. Since he is at the point where he is expecting offers, it would be sad to get fired from his job instead of getting an offer.

Reactions: 1 users
Working for two retailers right before you are about to get offers is one of those dumb things that you should not do. If you get caught, and you will, you will end up getting NO job offer. I have seen people get caught....

Do yourself a favor and pick one now.

PS, a lot of supervisor from different companies know each other. Its like how pharmacy managers know each other, etc because they call each other for copies, or graduate in same class, etc.

Pharmacy supervisors on a district level might know each other because they graduate from same class, interact with each other through recruiting events, from working in the same places, being in the same organizations, acquisitions/buy outs, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
It's against company policy. Why? Because working for these companies gives you insider info to their current programs, metrics, blue chips, and a whole slew of other things. There's a reason why they don't let you do this. It's a major, major, major conflict of interest.

You need to quit NOW while you haven't gotten caught yet. Do you want to go with the company that values the front store over the pharmacy, or the company that values the pharmacy over the front store? Walmart can close their pharmacies and still be a billion dollar company. That's not the case with CVS. The pharmacy makes the $$$$. Everyone sucks up to the pharmacy dept because they know that's what pays the paychecks.

Go with CVS. Quit Walmart. TODAY.

It's against company policy. Why? Because working for these companies gives you insider info to their current programs, metrics, blue chips, and a whole slew of other things. There's a reason why they don't let you do this. It's a major, major, major conflict of interest.

You need to quit NOW while you haven't gotten caught yet. Do you want to go with the company that values the front store over the pharmacy, or the company that values the pharmacy over the front store? Walmart can close their pharmacies and still be a billion dollar company. That's not the case with CVS. The pharmacy makes the $$$$. Everyone sucks up to the pharmacy dept because they know that's what pays the paychecks.

You do realize that the front end store manager owns your ass right?

You sure love CVS, huh?

WM closing its pharmacies is unlikely.

cvs has a third party portal to check employment history, reprint w2, etc. i recently looked at my employment history and it list every paychecks i ever received since i joined the company, date and amount. so yes there is a third party web portal for these sups to check. if someone sees u work for a competitor, it would look really bad. as ppl above mentioned, they may even fire u.

Are you saying there is a third party portal that a cvs supervisor can see any check that I've received from a NON-cvs employer too OR can the cvs supervisor only see the checks I've received from CVS?

Are you talking about myhr.cvs.com?

Are you saying there is a third party portal that a cvs supervisor can see any check that I've received from a NON-cvs employer too OR can the cvs supervisor only see the checks I've received from CVS?

Are you talking about myhr.cvs.com?

Only you can see it. Your supe as no access to your information. H/R people can. The took away the tool the field management had to look at payroll.....

Old Timer, I don't understand your post. Only I can see what? H/R people can what? Why does the ability of field management to look at payroll have anything to do with CVS finding out I work at another employer.

Bottom line: CVS people only know what I tell CVS. Walmart people only know what I tell Walmart. They wouldn't even know to investigate me being employed somewhere else. There is no central database that knows everywhere I've worked.

Old Timer, I don't understand your post. Only I can see what? H/R people can what? Why does the ability of field management to look at payroll have anything to do with CVS finding out I work at another employer.

Bottom line: CVS people only know what I tell CVS. Walmart people only know what I tell Walmart. They wouldn't even know to investigate me being employed somewhere else. There is no central database that knows everywhere I've worked.

They're just pulling your leg and giving you a hard time. Nobody cares where you work.

If you really believe that, then why did you start this thread to begin with? You are taking a big risk, from my viewpoint, any possible benefit is not worth the risk. You disagree, which is fine, as long as you understand the consequences of the risk you are taking.

What's your rationale though? Why do you need two job offers ? Job security? Trust me. If one company doesn't take you, you'll find a job elsewhere because of your experience. But taking this risk as others have said, I don't know about that. Although some may not care where you work, it is still a company policy. And they can fire you based on that. Plus, imagine a scenario where you meet someone from work at one company whilst working at the competitor's company (awkward!).