Internship App Essay Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nobles224

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how we were supposed to write our personal statement for internships apps and if there was a prompt. I am applying this upcoming cycle and can't seem to determine if it is supposed to be more of a cover letter or a personal statement like I did for vet school.

Thank you for any help or suggestions!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew how we were supposed to write our personal statement for internships apps and if there was a prompt. I am applying this upcoming cycle and can't seem to determine if it is supposed to be more of a cover letter or a personal statement like I did for vet school.

Thank you for any help or suggestions!!
It's a letter of intent. Not quite a personal statement. I found this link to be helpful: VIRMP Internships

It is a letter of intent. Remember that the same letter gets delivered to every program you apply to, so there's no tailoring to each program.
You'll want to state your goals. it's totally ok to say that you're undecided at the time of application - ie. ii you're not sure if you want to pursue residency training to begin with, or which specialty. Or maybe you want an internship to gain additional experience. Make sure to share what your interests are in vet med and why they should pick you without sounding too good to be true. Use experiences you've had to illustrate these - your letter writers will then provide additional evidence of your hard working/team work, etc. You can also include what you're looking for in a program.

The CSU link on the previous post provides good information and, if you want to learn more about the Match, feel free to visit our website - there is plenty more information there. Good luck!