Internship in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clinpsych

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any drawbacks of doing an (APA-accredited) internship in Canada as an American?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of any drawbacks of doing an (APA-accredited) internship in Canada as an American?

Thanks!

APA's kind of trying to dump Canada right now by removing the APA accreditation from Universities. I would assume that internship sites will be next, although I'm not sure. It's probably better to stay in the US, unless you plan to move to Canada eventually and then I'd do it here.

Do you have any info on why APA would dump internship programs? I have also heard that Canadian programs are hesitant to accept US students.

Do you have any info on why APA would dump internship programs? My two first choices are both Canadian. I have also heard that Canadian programs are hesitant to accept US students. Is that true?

I think someone mentioned it here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=366466&page=3

What are your two first choices (if you don't mind me asking?)

I don't think Canadian programs are hestitant to take US students, or at least I haven't heard of that as being so. Some of the grad students I've worked in labs with have been from the US and they had no trouble getting in. :)