internship programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mrow

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys! I'm a 4th year vet student and since match is coming up, I'd like to ask what small animal rotating internships you guys would recommend based on word of mouth your experience. background on me is I love diagnostics (mainly path but also radiology) but I also fell in love with my ER rotation. I know I don't need to do a rotating internship for pathology, but I want to make sure I'm not sleeping on any other specialties if that makes sense? I mean, I didn't expect to like ER at all so that could happen again on another future rotation. So in summary, I want to specialize but I don't know what in at the moment. I guess good oversight is a top priority for me but I would also love to match at a place where interns are happy ( I heard U of Florida is one of those places). Any insight and recommendations are helpful, as all of my externships got cancelled.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm a radiology resident now and did a rotating internship at Ohio State. Happy to chat about my experience there if you want to PM me! :)

A good idea would be to start scoping out previous classes at your school and see what they think of their internship sites. You can also use the VIRMP site to see what internships are where and contact sites for the contact info of current ornpast interns for perspective