Internship vs. Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jameel11435

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, fellow Pre-meds.

In an attempt to beef up my resume, I have decided to start some sort of research or internship next term. I have the option of working under a professor doing research, or I can apply for the internship at the FDA, which is available to students at my college?

Does research hold more weight than internship? Or is it the other way around?

Which one looks better in terms for applying to medical school?

And I was instructed to write a Resume, I'm curious as to what they might be looking for when reviewing my resume?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, fellow Pre-meds.

In an attempt to beef up my resume, I have decided to start some sort of research or internship next term. I have the option of working under a professor doing research, or I can apply for the internship at the FDA, which is available to students at my college?

Does research hold more weight than internship? Or is it the other way around?

Which one looks better in terms for applying to medical school?

And I was instructed to write a Resume, I'm curious as to what they might be looking for when reviewing my resume?

What does the internship with the FDA entail?

I'd say do what is actually more interesting to you..not what you think will impress med schools. Of course, if you really think you want to end up at a research powerhouse, you might want to consider getting involved with research.

Look google resume and you can find direction with how to put one together successfully. Mostly want contact info, education info, work experience, other relevant experience and skills.

Do whichever one you think will be cooler. Being passionate when you talk about your summer experience to the interviewer will be what impresses them.

Choose which ever one will give you more to talk about, which implies choose the one that will give you the most and/or impressive responsibilities.