Internship

Started by edieb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

edieb

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to internship next year; there is one site that I am really interested. Is it apt to e-mail faculty at the site (whose work I like) like I did as an undergrad?

Thanks
 
edieb said:
I am applying to internship next year; there is one site that I am really interested. Is it apt to e-mail faculty at the site (whose work I like) like I did as an undergrad?

Thanks

Unless you have a specific question about the current projects they are running, I really don't think that contacting faculty is all that necesssary (as it is when applying to grad school). To put it in perspective, I applied to 12 internship programs last year - I got interviews at all 12, and matched to my #1 choice. I didn't contact anyone prior to submitting my applications - though, afterwards, I did do a bit of the schmooze at the internship "fair" at AABT. But even that seemed unnecessary - though it was nice to walk into my interviews in January having met some of the faculty in advance. Good luck with the process! 👍
 
edieb said:
I am applying to internship next year; there is one site that I am really interested. Is it apt to e-mail faculty at the site (whose work I like) like I did as an undergrad?

Thanks


I don't think it could hurt.