Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChEStud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm a Chemical Engineering student with around a 3.35-3.4 GPA. I plan on volunteering this summer at a Pharmacy Clinic and taking some classes at a local Community College. I was wondering, would an internship at pharmaceutical companies such as Merck, Bayer,etc. look good on my resume and boost my chances in getting into a Pharmacy School? I'm kind of worried because my Engineering GPA looks kind of bad :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Sure, I think it'll look good, but you need to get one first. I find it hard to believe that pharmaceutical companies are still accepting applicants for this summer (though of course I don't know about every single company). Most internships are interviewing by now.

Still, no harm in trying. If that's something you'd enjoy doing, go for it. The way that I look at it is that every experience gives you another story for your cover letter and your interview.

However, keep in mind that these are full-time positions, so almost impossible to do while taking college classes. Sure internships are good, but you shouldn't stress yourself out too much.

I'd take any internship over classes...no point in taking classes if you aren't 100% positive that you want to be in pharmacy school.

Sure, I think it'll look good, but you need to get one first. I find it hard to believe that pharmaceutical companies are still accepting applicants for this summer (though of course I don't know about every single company). Most internships are interviewing by now.

Still, no harm in trying. If that's something you'd enjoy doing, go for it. The way that I look at it is that every experience gives you another story for your cover letter and your interview.

However, keep in mind that these are full-time positions, so almost impossible to do while taking college classes. Sure internships are good, but you shouldn't stress yourself out too much.

This is for next summer ; This summer I plan on working in a Pharmacy and taking some extra courses.