Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Internships

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by stressedscholar, Aug 3, 2015.

1. stressedscholar

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Does anyone know of any dental internships in the United States, or even a foreign country? Besides shadowing, there aren't really any "clinics" in my area where I can get a dental related intern experience. Has anyone done any internship programs that they felt were useful?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. studentdent00

2+ Year Member

Some dental schools offer intensive courses with hands-on activities and dental-related lectures. Some are almost free like Rutgers Gateway to Dentistry program, which is competitive to get in, while others aren't. Since participants to these programs are not paid, I guess these aren't technically internships but are rather externships. Nevertheless, they will probably provide you with more thorough and broader experience in dentistry than your typical shadowing will.

#2 studentdent00, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  4. Dr.Payne

Pre-Dental
    Look up the internship with Oral Health America, it provides great exposure to the public health aspect of Dentistry.

5. pleaseflossdaily

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Not sure if you're looking specifically for a paid internship but you should definitely look into getting x-ray certified in the meantime! It really helps if you're interested in assisting (which is really close to a paid internship!)