-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Interpreting preliminary scores please help
Started by corey407woc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You have to retake the test again. Do you know why you got such a low score?
studied kaplan book but did not help have dr collins as well guess i should just schedule for jan pcat can i do that
Did you get the July update from Collins? That really helps. The best thing to do is just keep taking the Collins tests over and over again and learn the things that you get wrong. You should also look to get the pearson practice tests, theyre a lot like the real thing. And you can register for january, but there are other ones in november, i think...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also did under 50% percent today. I felt really really discouraged.
I think the worst was Quantitative and Reading for me. Quantitative involved so many calculations in such little time. Reading... Idk where to begin.
Chemistry was my strongest. I got a 90% on that.
Biology was 62% .
I also have Dr. Collins but from 2011, and I was wondering, How can i get a hold of the 2012 update if I didn't purchase his material directly from him? I got the Collins material from a friend.
I think the worst was Quantitative and Reading for me. Quantitative involved so many calculations in such little time. Reading... Idk where to begin.
Chemistry was my strongest. I got a 90% on that.
Biology was 62% .
I also have Dr. Collins but from 2011, and I was wondering, How can i get a hold of the 2012 update if I didn't purchase his material directly from him? I got the Collins material from a friend.
Hi all!
I'm planning on applying to University of Toronto's pharmacy school. I just got my preliminary report and, in my opinion, my composite is great, but I'm worried about my verbal and RC scores:
Here are my percentile ranks from my preliminary report
Verbal: 68
Biology: 97
RC : 60
Quant: 97
Chem: 93z
Composite: 94
My gpa right now is 3.8
So, should I consider retaking-- at least for my RC and verbal? Or, is my score good?
I'm planning on applying to University of Toronto's pharmacy school. I just got my preliminary report and, in my opinion, my composite is great, but I'm worried about my verbal and RC scores:
Here are my percentile ranks from my preliminary report
Verbal: 68
Biology: 97
RC : 60
Quant: 97
Chem: 93z
Composite: 94
My gpa right now is 3.8
So, should I consider retaking-- at least for my RC and verbal? Or, is my score good?
Hi all!
I'm planning on applying to University of Toronto's pharmacy school. I just got my preliminary report and, in my opinion, my composite is great, but I'm worried about my verbal and RC scores:
Here are my percentile ranks from my preliminary report
Verbal: 68
Biology: 97
RC : 60
Quant: 97
Chem: 93z
Composite: 94
My gpa right now is 3.8
So, should I consider retaking-- at least for my RC and verbal? Or, is my score good?
yeah, take it again. Its not like being better than 68% of the applicants from 2007-2011 in the verbal section and better than 60% in the RC section is good /s
Hi all!
I'm planning on applying to University of Toronto's pharmacy school. I just got my preliminary report and, in my opinion, my composite is great, but I'm worried about my verbal and RC scores:
Here are my percentile ranks from my preliminary report
Verbal: 68
Biology: 97
RC : 60
Quant: 97
Chem: 93z
Composite: 94
My gpa right now is 3.8
So, should I consider retaking-- at least for my RC and verbal? Or, is my score good?
yeah a 93z is horrible.
I think ur score is excellent, especially with such a high gpa. Too. I won't waste another $200 to retake itHi all!
I'm planning on applying to University of Toronto's pharmacy school. I just got my preliminary report and, in my opinion, my composite is great, but I'm worried about my verbal and RC scores:
Here are my percentile ranks from my preliminary report
Verbal: 68
Biology: 97
RC : 60
Quant: 97
Chem: 93z
Composite: 94
My gpa right now is 3.8
So, should I consider retaking-- at least for my RC and verbal? Or, is my score good?
I am in a similar position as you. I just took in September and I'm not sure if I should
retake.
Verbal: 87
Bio: 99
Reading:60 😡
Quant: 82
Chem: 85
Comp: 94
I know I am capable of doing better in quant and reading and that reading score is really
getting to me. What does everyone think?
retake.
Verbal: 87
Bio: 99
Reading:60 😡
Quant: 82
Chem: 85
Comp: 94
I know I am capable of doing better in quant and reading and that reading score is really
getting to me. What does everyone think?
I am in a similar position as you. I just took in September and I'm not sure if I should
retake.
Verbal: 87
Bio: 99
Reading:60 😡
Quant: 82
Chem: 85
Comp: 94
I know I am capable of doing better in quant and reading and that reading score is really
getting to me. What does everyone think?
Your PCAT is good enough to get into any pharmacy school. I think youre too worried. You know how the PCAT works, right? A 60 percentile rank means you are better than 60% of the applicants from 2007-11.
Thanks for the feedback. Yah I know how it works but I look on the forums and it seems
everyone is doing better and that 60 is just nagging at me. Plus I am a very nontraditional
student with a low GPA. Maybe I should let it go.
everyone is doing better and that 60 is just nagging at me. Plus I am a very nontraditional
student with a low GPA. Maybe I should let it go.
Thanks for the feedback. Yah I know how it works but I look on the forums and it seems
everyone is doing better and that 60 is just nagging at me. Plus I am a very nontraditional
student with a low GPA. Maybe I should let it go.
Trust me. Your PCAT is very competitive. The majority of the people who post on these forums are people who do very well. Its uncommon to see people who scored below 70-80's on here. There are about 20 people I know at the school I am going to that are all going into pharmacy and the highest PCAT is a 76% comp. If you compare yourself to the top 1% of pharmacy applicants of course you're going to feel bad. Just remember than thousands of other people did worse than you, and at the most a few hundred did better than you.