Interpreting Protein standardized curve

Started by songl4a
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hello, just a quick question about protein concentration quantification.

I followed this procedure: https://www.piercenet.com/instructions/2160129.pdf
with the test tube procedure.

I used the chart on page 2 to dilute the BSA standard and then graphed the absorbance and got a polynomial equation. Then I took a mL of my unknown sample and followed the same exact chart for the dilutions and then found the absorbance of each dilution.

Was I supposed to only take 30 uL of each of my unknown samples and mix it with the dye instead of doing the serial dilution? Otherwise, I would only know the concentration of 1 sample right?

Furthermore, how do I convert the polynomial equation to solve in terms of X (concentration) so I can simply plug in the absorbance values (Y) of my unknown to find the concentration.

Thanks!
If you still need help with this pm me. I do these same assays all the time in lab with the same kit.