Interventional Cardiology Application for class of 2026-2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IC2B

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know its kind of early, but I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone has information on which interventional cardiology fellowship programs will be participating in the upcoming Match and which ones are out of Match. This is going to be the first cycle that some programs will participate in Match and I feel like its going to get very messy.

We can make a spreadsheet with all the programs and match participation status. If anyone has any information or is interested in collaborating on this spreadsheet, please let me know here.

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't the 25-26 class the first Match class?
A Match is so overdue in IC. But I also think programs should be 2-year long instead of a single year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear not all programs are going to participate in Match. Isnt it true?

I hear not all programs are going to participate in Match. Isnt it true?
some aren't (I read about a PD who explicitly stated that their inhouse IC program is used as an enticement to recruit general fellows, because they always give their spots internally), but most programs are joining

Reactions: 1 users
So anyone applying to programs that not going thought match?
Dude first of all we're all in PGY4 now and have just started cardiology fellowship. This isn't the time to discuss where we are going to apply for IC. If you don't focus on getting a good foundation in general cardiology you'll be a crappy interventionist in the end. Do not worry too much about where to apply in a match that is going to happen 3 years from now and make your and our life miserable in the process.

Are you guys up for making a Whatsapp group to stay in touch?