Interventional Heart Failure?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

My1021

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, what are your thoughts about the Interventional Heart Failure program offered at Tufts?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like a great program. Especially the heart failure part is good. Their transplant volume is largest in the new england area. Their primary PCI volume however is not that high. They meet the requirements, but they are not the highest volume STEMI center. Also, I feel that most of the fellows trained there end up practicing interventional cardiology. It seems to make sense to be trained in structural cardiology also (being interventional heart failure).

It doesn't seem like anything special. It's a HF year followed by a IC year. Anyone can do that themselves now, I know a few fellows/attendings who've done this. Though I guess the ability to apply and interview only once is a nice perk. Tufts HF is solid but unsure of their IC program, one may decide they're better off doing IC elsewhere. You also have to think about your ultimate goals, job prospects and if it's worth that extra year