Interview / Acceptance Rate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjlake1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Removed...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Name the school and I will look it up in the 2011 ADEA handbook.

Members don't see this ad :)
Polk charges $1 per school look-up. You can pay him thru Paypal.

Or they can not completely ignore my post and look up the information themselves on that excel sheet..

wait, that's too much work. nevermind.

Thank you! :)

Wow... MWU-AZ interviewed 553 OOS, and only accepted 88 of them? That's scary :scared:

dont look at the OOS stats, not all schools differentiate between in state and out of state applicants. for schools like MWU-AZ, you have to look at the total applicants vs. total interviewed vs. total accepted. the ADEA book differentiates which schools consider OOS and which do not.

Thank you! :)

Wow... MWU-AZ interviewed 553 OOS, and only accepted 88 of them? That's scary :scared:

I think it's a typo. I know he gets the numbers from the book, but I think it's a mistake on how numbers were reported or something. 88 is the enrolled number. Same thing in the 2011 book. For 2010 it shows MWU-AZ interviewed 495 OOS and accepted 88 as well as enrolled 88. Predents and some searching on the forum will tell you that there were people accepted that cycle who didn't enroll.

Members don't see this ad :)
Phew.. that's a relief :) I guess it's safe to assume they interview around 500 applicants, and then accept around 200 of them. The fall entering 2009 class statistics on the adea website states that MWU-AZ interviewed 491 OOS and accepted 176 of those. OOS interviewees have about a 35% chance of acceptance after interview :)

Phew.. that's a relief :) I guess it's safe to assume they interview around 500 applicants, and then accept around 200 of them. The fall entering 2009 class statistics on the adea website states that MWU-AZ interviewed 491 OOS and accepted 176 of those. OOS interviewees have about a 35% chance of acceptance after interview :)

idk, that is still kinda low.. I wish it was at least over 50%.. I wonder if it is higher for pre-dec interviews.. who knows

total app interviewed accepted Interviewed accepted out of the interviewed
mid 2728 611 111 22% 18%

mid 2728 611 111 22% 18%

How many enrolled big boy? 111?

Funny how they accepted 111 people for 111 seats? So everyone who got an acceptance offer decided to go to the school.

OR.....

They confused acceptances with enrolled? And that the actual number of acceptances is higher than 111.

I go with the latter.

How many enrolled big boy? 111?

Funny how they accepted 111 people for 111 seats? So everyone who got an acceptance offer decided to go to the school.

OR.....

They confused acceptances with enrolled? And that the actual number of acceptances is higher than 111.

I go with the latter.

i didnt write the guide, so dont get mad at me lol

mid 2728 611 111 22% 18%

# Interviewed seems right :) but the number accepted sounds really off because 111 is the class size... they must accept more than the class size :)

which edition are you referring to because in the 2010

2159 applied; 491 interviewed; 176 accepted

176/491 x 100 = 36% chance of being accepted after you interview = not a very high chance

I don't imagine the 2011 edition to be that much different. Whoever is getting 111 might be looking at the total enrollment. Try referring to page 32.

which edition are you referring to because in the 2010

2159 applied; 491 interviewed; 176 accepted

176/491 x 100 = 36% chance of being accepted after you interview = not a very high chance

I don't imagine the 2011 edition to be that much different. Whoever is getting 111 might be looking at the total enrollment. Try referring to page 32.

There's probably some sort of mistake on the 2011 version... :) But either or, you are right... 36% doesn't feel secure. I'm hoping that after 3 years since those statistics from the fall 2009 entering class, they have lowered the number of interviewees and thus increased the percentage of acceptance-after-interview :xf: But all I know is that the number of applicants for MWU-AZ has increased to over 3,000.

i didnt write the guide, so dont get mad at me lol

Not mad at you dude, but sometimes we gotta use our critical reasoning skills to interpret the data, rather than believing the data head on.

the 2009 ed. numbers seem kind of messed up, idk how accurate all these numbers are.. there is no way a newer school will accept 111 and enroll all 111 lol.. but apparently in 2009 this supposedly occurred :rolleyes: .. it's a good school but I highly doubt everyone accepts their offer.. and if you look at predents other ppl apparently chose different schools..

I would just go by the 2010 editions numbers, but hey who knows those could be wrong too

OOS: 2159 applied; 491 interviewed; 176 accepted

If you integrate the in-state numbers with out of state numbers since school is private then you increase your chance by a whopping 1% to 37% after interview yayy

Last edited:
by any chance, does anyone know that ratios for Midwestern IL? I wonder if they are similar to Midwestern AZ..