Interview/Acceptance Ratio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cougarblue84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else, so I thought someone here might know. I apologize if this question has already been answered.

I have two interviews scheduled in November (TUSPM and NYCPM). I'm very excited! Does anyone know what percentage of those interviewed are offered acceptance?

I have a DAT score of 20AA/20TS (89th percentile) 3.1 sGPA and 3.0 cGPA. I used to have a pre-dent focus (hence the DAT score) but through shadowing and research into podiatry I discovered my interest there was greater.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
http://www.aacpm.org/
Look under statistics. Compare the applicants per school vs matriculants per school.:thumbup:

Edit: Wait that doesnt answer your question. Logic Fail sorry.:(

That's a helpful link, but I haven't found anything telling me what percentage of those interviewed are accepted. Maybe it's a mystery that will never be solved. :) Thanks anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the previous post. Usually 50% of applicants interviewed are accepted. About 50-60% of those aceptances make up the class while the others choose other programs. i can't speak for other schools but CSPM does not care about meeting the class limits. They seem to not be driven at all by money. That means they can have classes in teh thirties as likely as their max of 52 I believe.

I agree with the previous post. Usually 50% of applicants interviewed are accepted. About 50-60% of those aceptances make up the class while the others choose other programs. i can't speak for other schools but CSPM does not care about meeting the class limits. They seem to not be driven at all by money. That means they can have classes in teh thirties as likely as their max of 52 I believe.

you are probably 1000 % percent correct

I don't think you'll find any real accurate information about interview/acceptance ratio. I know at DMU last year they interviewed around 180 and accpeted between 90-100. Of course those acceptances lead to our 58 matriculants.

I would expect NY and Temple to have higher numbers (both # of applicants and # of acceptances) and that they are probably closer to 75% of acceptance given you interview. Of course thats just my best guess based on all the numbers you see on the AACPM website.

Looking at YOUR numbers, I would give you closer to 100% chance of acceptance as long as you aren't a complete nutjob.
I'm guessing that the acceptance rates are probably closer to 100% during earlier parts of the cycle when the schools are trying to fill their classes.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the acceptance rates are probably closer to 100% during earlier parts of the cycle when the schools are trying to fill their classes.

I would not necessarily agree with this. Its not like spots are going unfilled. Its not like the admissions committee is saying "blondes, brunettes, redheads I will take anything." Some schools really like brunettes.

Even though people on here bang on the schools for the quality of applicants, there are still enough to fill all the classes, and I dont think the timeline in the cycle means much. Couldn't you argue that they will take anybody really late in the cycle because they are worried about NOT filling their class?

At my interview for Temple, David Martin straight up said we had an 80% chance of getting accepted at that point.

I would not necessarily agree with this. Its not like spots are going unfilled. Its not like the admissions committee is saying "blondes, brunettes, redheads I will take anything." Some schools really like brunettes.

Even though people on here bang on the schools for the quality of applicants, there are still enough to fill all the classes, and I dont think the timeline in the cycle means much. Couldn't you argue that they will take anybody really late in the cycle because they are worried about NOT filling their class?
Well the competition does get higher during later parts of the cycle

But yeah you're right, closer to a 100% may be a little overestimated...

Last edited:
I also have an interview at both Temple and NYCPM in nov. I have a 3.7 over all and an 3.6 science with a 21 TS on the DAT. I was told by a few people that already attend podiatry school that, I'm golden and should get accepted hands down. So I would figure that you would also get admission.