interview and prereqs

Started by cdea
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cdea

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do Opt schools offer seats even if you are not done with the prereqs yet?

thx
 
cdea said:
Do Opt schools offer seats even if you are not done with the prereqs yet?

thx

yes, i was accepted before i finished my microbiology lab pre-req...

as long as you finish and pass all of your pre-reqs prior to matriculation, most schools are okay with offering you a seat.
 
Don't you need to complete the pre=reqs that cover the OAT material? I wanted to apply for this yr but I still need to complete the chem series.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hoosier1 said:
Don't you need to complete the pre=reqs that cover the OAT material? I wanted to apply for this yr but I still need to complete the chem series.

I think you should complete general chem and organic chem. Theres 2 sections about that. The bios shouldn't be that bad if you haven't taken upper yr bios. Except maybe genetics?
 
Hey,

I found chemistry to be the easiest science section, it was pretty basic stuff. But I don't know about going for the OAT without having taken chem. Perhaps if you remember it from HS?? I don't remember there being genetics on the OAT. I know I didn't study for it.

Ning-Ju
 
By the time I plan to take to take the OAT, I would have finished all my prereqs except physics 2, biochemistry, and microbiology. With the lack of these classes, does anybody here think that I will have a difficult time with the test?
 
smith351 said:
By the time I plan to take to take the OAT, I would have finished all my prereqs except physics 2, biochemistry, and microbiology. With the lack of these classes, does anybody here think that I will have a difficult time with the test?


I think you'll have a significant handi cap missing all those classes. esp the physics 2.
 
Yeah, I figured that the physics would be the biggest problem. Thanks for the confirmation