Interview at Barry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diidy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, good news. I sent in my apps this morning and got word via email this afternoon from Barry that I was accepted for an interview (so soon!), so I have one foot in the door. NY also called me saying they receieved my app and are waiting to get my LORs and transcripts. Anyone have any tips on interview day at Barry? Im so excited at least Im being considered. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I got in to Barry...it all happened during the interview.. he even offered me a scholarship as well.. It was suprising

Hey guys, good news. I sent in my apps this morning and got word via email this afternoon from Barry that I was accepted for an interview (so soon!), so I have one foot in the door. NY also called me saying they receieved my app and are waiting to get my LORs and transcripts. Anyone have any tips on interview day at Barry? Im so excited at least Im being considered. :rolleyes:

I got in to Barry...it all happened during the interview.. he even offered me a scholarship as well.. It was suprising

It has always been my opinion that any school that offers same day admission is desperate for students. Even though some highly regarded schools do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think at first, people are very flattered and excited. However, after they start interviewing at other schools, they start to figure it out.

I think at first, people are very flattered and excited. However, after they start interviewing at other schools, they start to figure it out.

Does Barry accept just ANYONE? Geez, Im wondering if people who are accepted for interview are automatically accepted so long as they are alive and can speak! :p Is it true? So can I be pretty certain that I'll be accepted during my interview or sometime thereafter? My Temple interview wont be like that I hope. I think Temple is a little higher up on the todem pole arent they?

Does Barry accept just ANYONE? Geez, Im wondering if people who are accepted for interview are automatically accepted so long as they are alive and can speak! :p Is it true? So can I be pretty certain that I'll be accepted during my interview or sometime thereafter? My Temple interview wont be like that I hope. I think Temple is a little higher up on the todem pole arent they?

I have not met a person yet who got an interview at Barry and has not been accepted. In addition, I have not met anyone who has applyed to Barry and not got an interview. Hopefully someday I will get that chance.
Also, I would say only about 5-10% of Podiatry students know about SDN. So there could be someone out there.

For now, if you meet their cut offs for GPA, ect, they will automatically send you an interview and probably accept you.

Just curious, whats the lowest GPA that anyone has got into a POD school with? Any 2.0 or 2.5's?

Many schools do the same day acceptance and I agree 100% that if you are alive and can speak that you are accepted. It is sad but true. That is why there is such a spectrum of pods, good and bad.

There was one guy on here who had a 2.4 GPA, 2.3 sciGPA, with low 20s MCATs last year, who applied within 3 weeks of the deadline and still got accepted to Barry. I don't mean to be harsh but I just can't picture going under the knife with someone like that unless they had a life changing event in pod school. However, given that Barry easily accepts ppl into their program, it is as easy to fail out as well. Almost every school weeds out a portion of its class after the first year. On top of that, the board exams are also designed to allow the best to pass and residency programs know the prestige of each school. So in the end, it sorta balances out.

I interviewed at temple and they did not offer a same day acceptance to anyone I know of so I don't think you have to wonder about that. Scholl offered me a same day acceptance though. If you have any questions about the Temple interview you can PM me.