Interview at ICO

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just received an email that I got an Interview at ICO. I'm very excited, any words of advice regarding my upcoming interview?

cpw, I really enjoy reading your journal entries, thank you for sharing them. Good luck with your exams!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Christie!! I'm sooo happy for you! Where have you applied?

Tips on interview:

1. Get there early and scout out a good place to relax before the interview starts.

2. wear something nice (suit perferred), but comfort is also a key if you're traveling to where you're interviewing. I had to fly to some of them, so comfortable shoes was a MUST!

3. BE YOURSELF! I can't stress this enough. once you've made it to the interview round at most schools you've completed 3/4 of the battle. Most of the schools at this point are just trying to get a feel for your personality and how well your communicate.

4. If you eat before the interview, bring breath mints. (nothing says "don't accept me" like onion breath) Also, check your teeth for food in the bathroom prior.

5. Shake hands firmly and look all the interviewers in the eye. Maintaining eye contact is VERY important. (you're going to talk to patients all day, afterall)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Any other opt students out there care to contribute to the list?
Good luck Christie! When's the big day?? :)