Interview at PSCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JacksonL

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who knows what the interview at PSCOM is like?
Selection factors etc?

Members don't see this ad.

I love to know as well....

Yosh, are you going there on the 5th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is the scoop on the Pikeville interviews. They are very laid back. You will meet with probably 1-2 academic faculty members along with 1-2 clinical faculty. The questions are pretty straight forward. Why med school? Why osteopathic med? Strengths/Weaknesses, etc. At the last couple of sessions, some people have said that they got an ethical question, but it is the usual ethical debates. There is one OB/GYN who is notorious for asking about AIDS and whether or not to tell the partner about the other ones condition and other aspects on that issue. Overall, it should be as relaxing as a medical school interview can possibly be.
The school is very key on getting students who are interested in primary care in a rural or underserved area. If they get any notion that you want to do Dermatology in Ft. Lauderdale, it will difficult to get in. That obviously does not mean that everyone is going into primary care, but they are looking for that. They also give preference to applicants from eastern KY and the surrounding areas(OH, WV, TN, AL, MS), but we also have people from Idaho, Utah, Michigan, New York, and some others.
Hope this helps.

No....I am waiting to hear from them..Keep your fingers crossed for me....