Interview at Sydney

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anthonys

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my 2nd interview invitation from Sydney University :eek:

Is there anyone familiar with question types / what to expect?

I know there are 5 MMIs..

Any help would be appreciated :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
2nd interview invitation? So... you are having 2 different interviews in one cycle??

You may wish to register for the Australian forum "paging dr". There are multiple threads discussing previous interview questions. People also meet up via skype or in person and actually hold practise interviews specifically aimed at USyd entry. The MMI process is slightly different if you are an international applicant. There are also numerous threads dicussing things like the merits of the Sydney DMD compared to the Melbourne DDS and different costs associated with the degrees and living in these cities. International applicants also share their experiences with the dental application process. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
You may wish to register for the Australian forum "paging dr". There are multiple threads discussing previous interview questions. People also meet up via skype or in person and actually hold practise interviews specifically aimed at USyd entry. The MMI process is slightly different if you are an international applicant. There are also numerous threads dicussing things like the merits of the Sydney DMD compared to the Melbourne DDS and different costs associated with the degrees and living in these cities. International applicants also share their experiences with the dental application process. Hope this helps!

THX so much!!:thumbup: i found some sample qs .. now i gotta study on em.. i don't know how to contact with others to practice..

Yes i have an interview at UNE as well

Reactions: 1 user
THX so much!!:thumbup: i found some sample qs .. now i gotta study on em.. i don't know how to contact with others to practice..

Yes i have an interview at UNE as well

Are you an American? The issue I see with Sidney is that there's no reciprocity with the US so if you study there, you'll be working as a dentist in Australia (not a bad gig though :laugh: ).

If you are a new member on Paging Dr you cannot start a new thread or do personal messages until you have 25 posts. There is a thread called Usyd DMD 2013 entry (I think that is what it is called) and you can just introduce yourself and say that you are interested in Skype MMI practice with other North American applicants. The USyd Medical and dental MMI are the same (I did the MMI and was accepted into both medicine and dentistry two years ago). The Australian applicants have already finished the interview process so you will have to find other international USyd medical or dental applicants to practise with.

Last year the USyd DMD gained reciprocity with Canada so as a graduate you need only to do the same accreditation examinations as Canadian dental graduates to work in Canada. Unfortunately the DMD is not recognised as equivalent in the USA as yet.