• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Interview at Touro University - HELP

bamboo511

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
Hi,
I'm sooooo excited, I received my first interview letter today for Touro University and I don't even know how to get ready for it. So please answer my questions.
1.) I'm planning to wear a grey suit with a red shirt inside, is the red shirt appropriate?
2.) I'm from Florida, the school is in California, if they ask me why I want to move to California for pharmacy school, what is the best answer I can possibly give them?
Is there any other information that will be helpful during my interview, any pointers will be appreciated.
Thank you so much.

cool123bright

10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
hey..
congrats for getting an interview from touro..
would u please share ur stats with us...
what was ur gpa and did u have bachelors when u applied
as well as what was ur gpa and other things that made u get accepted
did u apply to any other schools besides touro and got accptances or rejections.
do u think having research done in undergrad years is important for pharmacy schools
thanks

bamboo511

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
Thanx.
Gpa: 3.30
Pcat: awaiting my january results
Graduated with a bachelor's degree in biology
I applied to other schools besides touro but touro is my first positive response and i didn't do any research in my undergraduate studies.

I still need help with my interview, any information will be APPRECIATED, thanx.

About the Ads

Swanchick84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi,
I'm sooooo excited, I received my first interview letter today for Touro University and I don't even know how to get ready for it. So please answer my questions.
1.) I'm planning to wear a grey suit with a red shirt inside, is the red shirt appropriate?
2.) I'm from Florida, the school is in California, if they ask me why I want to move to California for pharmacy school, what is the best answer I can possibly give them?
Is there any other information that will be helpful during my interview, any pointers will be appreciated.
Thank you so much.

1) Red might be risky. You can pull it off if your personality pulls it off. The guys I interviewed with did the whole black and white. Since I don't know you, I can't really give you a "Yes" or "No".

2) Why do you want to move to CA? I'm from CA and was asked why I wanted to move to MA. You can say stuff like wanting a change of scenary, be more independent, etc.

Touro will be a group interview. Be prepared to interview with 4 or 5 other people. They won't ask alot of personal questions, but do ask alot of ethical and "What if..." questions.

Prepare the: "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" question.

Good luck! :)

pearljam5a1

I'm still alive
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2009
Memphis, TN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

x0kandy0x

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I'm interviewing in 2 weeks and I was wondering how the group interview is like. Does everybody go around in a circle and answer the question presented? or does the interviewer ask each person a specific question?

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
My answer to the reason why I would move to California:

2 words: *Hint, Katy Perry song.*

ohyeah.gif

Shoriyuken

Mar 18, 2010
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I'm interviewing in 2 weeks and I was wondering how the group interview is like. Does everybody go around in a circle and answer the question presented? or does the interviewer ask each person a specific question?

Personally, I hate group interviews because some questions like "where do you see pharmacy in the future?" can sound the same after 4 people takes a shot at it. When I had mine, the panel will ask general (like tell me about yourself and why this school) and specific questions (based from your resume) for each student.

monkieez

@(^_^)@
7+ Year Member
May 20, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I just got an interview invite yesterday :) but the email said you could schedule any of the available dates but not what the specific dates were. for people who already interview, how many choices did you get? I tried replying to the invitation email but it gives me this weird message about my email being deffered and for me to not send it again.

blah, i hate leaving voicemails on answering machines, that always feels so awkward. maybe i should try calling again on monday

SlowPepper

Jun 25, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I just got an interview invite yesterday :) but the email said you could schedule any of the available dates but not what the specific dates were. for people who already interview, how many choices did you get? I tried replying to the invitation email but it gives me this weird message about my email being deffered and for me to not send it again.

blah, i hate leaving voicemails on answering machines, that always feels so awkward. maybe i should try calling again on monday

When I received their email, I called them to schedule for interview. They will disclose the dates through via phone. :) Give them a call. Their interviews dates are on Wed/Thurs.

Congrat! :thumbup:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.