Interview at UF Friday...Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmGrrlJax

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Going for my interview for UF on Friday. I am nervous. Despite the fact that I have a strong GPA (3.56 overall, 4.00 the last two years, all pre-reqs 4.0) and a good PCAT (85). I have 4 years of pharmacy technician experience and have been a CPhT for over 8 years. I also am a girl scout leader and heavily involved in the Amercian Cancer Society's Relay for Life in my community. I have done this all while being married to a pharmacist and being a mom.

All that is awesome, but it is a closed file interview...all of the effort I have put in making myself an awesome candidate on paper is now not going to be known by the ad. com. So what type of stuff do I tell them? Do I insert those things into selling myself? How do I do that with out sounding like I am bragging? Anything else I should say? Anyone experienced in interviewing with UF? What questions should I expect?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be there as well :laugh:.

My advice would be to relax.

They are not there to evaluate your stats/ECs, the admission comittee already did that before they invited you. They conduct interviews to make sure you can communicate properly and are not a raving lunatic. Just relax and be yourself. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I get soo nervous during interviews but the UF interview really was no big deal. :) It really was the most relax interview I've been to (been to five). Great experiance overall, they had a lot of students come and talk to us, gave a lot of info on the program and had snacks&drinks ready. Then a student walked us one by one to the interview room and she made me feel very comfortable, told me they pretty much want everyone they interview and they just want to make sure you know how to interact with people and are not a freak ;) and that based on talking to me for a few minutes that I will be fine lol.

They just go down a list of questions and tell you if you can't answer not to make up things and they will move on to the next one. They really only asked me three questions (the whole interview was only ten minutes).

Good luck and see you at the Orlando campus this fall.

Thanks everyone! I am so nervous about this because it has been my focus for so long and it feels like years of work are all riding on this moment...or at least that is how it is in my mind.

I will try to relax....emphasis on the word try!!! :laugh:

I have my interview coming up as well and I too have been very nervous. However, after reading up on applicants who have already interviewed, I am beginning to relax. I will just be myself and you should do the same! I'm sure you will do great. Keep us updated and good luck!

Thanks everyone! I am so nervous about this because it has been my focus for so long and it feels like years of work are all riding on this moment...or at least that is how it is in my mind.

I will try to relax....emphasis on the word try!!! :laugh:

Just relax :D As my husband said "They are just people trying to get to know you better - like a conversation." He also said "They are not going to shoot you. So don't be nervous." That worked for me! :laugh:

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great! :thumbup:

Yeah, don't be a weirdo

Just relax :D As my husband said "They are just people trying to get to know you better - like a conversation." He also said "They are not going to shoot you. So don't be nervous." That worked for me! :laugh:

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great! :thumbup:

Thanks! That is a good way to think of it.