interview at uop?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kit05

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten an interview for UOP in march? I'm so worried. My application was completed in August and reviewed but they defered it. The letter said they would re-evaluate my application in late january through march. It's almost march and i still haven't heard anything.
My overall GPA is 3.3 and science is 3.3 too. I also have pharmacy and research experience. It's so depressing not to hear anything. I really want to go to UOP.

Also, did anyone interview last year at uop in march and got admitted? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Upo even has an interview process? From what i know they dont go through an interview stage. And i am still waiting to hear back from them as well. But then again, they are just waiting on my janurary pcat results tho.

I know that they have at least two interviews in March, because I had to reschedule my March 4th interview to the 11th. But don't fret, I know that a lot of peopla haven't heard from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmgyrl said:
I know that they have at least two interviews in March, because I had to reschedule my March 4th interview to the 11th. But don't fret, I know that a lot of peopla haven't heard from them.

Those interviews on march 4 and 11 for the last ones for uop. I emailed to ask how many were left and those are the last two. I just didn't know the dates. Thanks pharmgyrl for letting me know. I'm so scared that i won't even get an interview since those dates are coming up soon!

kit05 said:
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten an interview for UOP in march? I'm so worried. My application was completed in August and reviewed but they defered it. The letter said they would re-evaluate my application in late january through march. It's almost march and i still haven't heard anything.
My overall GPA is 3.3 and science is 3.3 too. I also have pharmacy and research experience. It's so depressing not to hear anything. I really want to go to UOP.

You should call UOP admissions and make sure that your application packet is complete. They might be waiting for your letters of rec., transcripts, etc. I would call and ask them how the application re-evaluation is coming along and if there is anything that still needs to be sent.

I know someone who interviewed late in March last year and got in :)

Goodluck :luck:

kit05 said:
Hey everyone,

hey i'm kinda on the same boat. i somehow missed the essay portion of the supp application so they sent me a letter stating that they placed my application on hold and will consider me if they do not have enough applicants. so what r my chances of getting an interview???

UOP isn't "all that", so if you don't get an interview you shouldn't be too bummed out.

yep ... school is school...once you're done, it's all the same.

15 months and counting...

Superflyjsc said:
Upo even has an interview process? From what i know they dont go through an interview stage. And i am still waiting to hear back from them as well. But then again, they are just waiting on my janurary pcat results tho.

From what I know:

a) Yes, UOP does conduct interviews.

and

b) They do not require (or even consider) PCATs

Are you sure we're talking about the same school here?

Have you guys heard anything back yet !!??

Mandy_2 said:
Have you guys heard anything back yet !!??

Hey Mandy_2, I still haven't heard anything from uop and at this point I am losing hope. :(

kit05 said:
Hey Mandy_2, I still haven't heard anything from uop and at this point I am losing hope. :(

I got interviewed in late March last year and i got in. IM currently a first year at UOP. So theres still hope, even if you get the last interview date. Oh yea and our school isnt all that, but we do have the #19 ranked basketball team in the nation. Beat that USC!

I got my rejection letter from uop today. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
What was their reason:(???!!!!

Mandy_2 said:
What was their reason:(???!!!!

They said the usual, like how they looked at prepharmacy courses, grades, recommendations, communication skills, extracurricular activities, etc... in determining who is most competitive. I have to call them in April to find out the specific reasons.

kit05 said:
They said the usual, like how they looked at prepharmacy courses, grades, recommendations, communication skills, extracurricular activities, etc... in determining who is most competitive. I have to call them in April to find out the specific reasons.

I haven't heard back from UOP yet, but I am sure that rejection letter has my name on it. Don't feel bad Kit05. UOP was my first choice too. Did you apply anywhere else? Maybe you will get in somewhere else? That's what I'm hoping for. Hang in there!!

i haven't received my letter of rejection yet :laugh: , but it's ok. Maybe i'll receive it tomorrow? do they even send out letters for interview at this time in the race? :cool:

I got rejected too! I'm okay with it though because I don't want to live in Stockton for three years and their class size is HUGE. Plus, if I got accepted and decided to attend half of my classmates would be 20y/o since they have a 6 year year program and I'd feel way behind and old.

OoShimmeroO said:
I got rejected too! I'm okay with it though because I don't want to live in Stockton for three years and their class size is HUGE. Plus, if I got accepted and decided to attend half of my classmates would be 20y/o since they have a 6 year year program and I'd feel way behind and old.

Yeah yeah, I think everyone would say this if they got rejected by a school that they applied to. COUGH***COUGH***EXCUSES***COUGH****COUGH*** :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BESTPHARMACY said:
Yeah yeah, I think everyone would say this if they got rejected by a school that they applied to. COUGH***COUGH***EXCUSES***COUGH****COUGH*** :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That wasn't such a nice thing to say. What was the intent of your comment to the rejectees, in particular OoShimmeroO?

Nothing really, it is just plain old funny!!!

I was just offering PROs of being rejected from UOP...and they were pretty valid points...

I agree with FutureRxGirl

Hmm.. I'll probably get my rejection letter soon too.. oh well, life goes on right? =)

I heard that UOP pharmacy school receives more than 1400 applications and they can only take in 100 or so. Remember that they give first priority to their 2+3 or 3+3 Pre-pharm. students and entering class size is 200.

BESTPHARMACY said:

Yeah, that wasn't a nice comment. Getting denied and/or accepted into schools is a serious thing. People put a lot of effort into their apps and it sucks to get rejected.

Minghoo said:
Yeah, that wasn't a nice comment. Getting denied and/or accepted into schools is a serious thing. People put a lot of effort into their apps and it sucks to get rejected.

hi there Minghoo. It said on the bottom of your post that you went to UCBerk c/o 2003 and then you're going to USC c/o 2009 for pharmacy? what was your major in Berk? you waited 2 years to apply to pharmacy .... and what did u do with those 2 years after Berk?