kit05

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2005
11
0
Status
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten an interview for UOP in march? I'm so worried. My application was completed in August and reviewed but they defered it. The letter said they would re-evaluate my application in late january through march. It's almost march and i still haven't heard anything.
My overall GPA is 3.3 and science is 3.3 too. I also have pharmacy and research experience. It's so depressing not to hear anything. I really want to go to UOP.

Also, did anyone interview last year at uop in march and got admitted? Thanks.
 

Superflyjsc

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
178
0
Visit site
Status
Upo even has an interview process? From what i know they dont go through an interview stage. And i am still waiting to hear back from them as well. But then again, they are just waiting on my janurary pcat results tho.
 

pharmgyrl

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2004
14
0
Status
I know that they have at least two interviews in March, because I had to reschedule my March 4th interview to the 11th. But don't fret, I know that a lot of peopla haven't heard from them.
 
OP
K

kit05

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2005
11
0
Status
pharmgyrl said:
I know that they have at least two interviews in March, because I had to reschedule my March 4th interview to the 11th. But don't fret, I know that a lot of peopla haven't heard from them.

Those interviews on march 4 and 11 for the last ones for uop. I emailed to ask how many were left and those are the last two. I just didn't know the dates. Thanks pharmgyrl for letting me know. I'm so scared that i won't even get an interview since those dates are coming up soon!
 

rxgal8

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2005
636
0
Status
kit05 said:
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten an interview for UOP in march? I'm so worried. My application was completed in August and reviewed but they defered it. The letter said they would re-evaluate my application in late january through march. It's almost march and i still haven't heard anything.
My overall GPA is 3.3 and science is 3.3 too. I also have pharmacy and research experience. It's so depressing not to hear anything. I really want to go to UOP.

Also, did anyone interview last year at uop in march and got admitted? Thanks.
You should call UOP admissions and make sure that your application packet is complete. They might be waiting for your letters of rec., transcripts, etc. I would call and ask them how the application re-evaluation is coming along and if there is anything that still needs to be sent.

I know someone who interviewed late in March last year and got in :)

Goodluck :luck:
 

crazyrice610

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
146
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
kit05 said:
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten an interview for UOP in march? I'm so worried. My application was completed in August and reviewed but they defered it. The letter said they would re-evaluate my application in late january through march. It's almost march and i still haven't heard anything.
My overall GPA is 3.3 and science is 3.3 too. I also have pharmacy and research experience. It's so depressing not to hear anything. I really want to go to UOP.

Also, did anyone interview last year at uop in march and got admitted? Thanks.
hey i'm kinda on the same boat. i somehow missed the essay portion of the supp application so they sent me a letter stating that they placed my application on hold and will consider me if they do not have enough applicants. so what r my chances of getting an interview???
 

OoShimmeroO

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2004
159
0
Status
UOP isn't "all that", so if you don't get an interview you shouldn't be too bummed out.
 

riskhk

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2003
217
0
38
East Bay
Status
yep ... school is school...once you're done, it's all the same.

15 months and counting...
 

ICA

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2004
211
0
from the Bay to L.A.
Status
Pharmacy Student
Superflyjsc said:
Upo even has an interview process? From what i know they dont go through an interview stage. And i am still waiting to hear back from them as well. But then again, they are just waiting on my janurary pcat results tho.
From what I know:

a) Yes, UOP does conduct interviews.

and

b) They do not require (or even consider) PCATs

Are you sure we're talking about the same school here?
 
OP
K

kit05

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2005
11
0
Status
Mandy_2 said:
Have you guys heard anything back yet !!??
Hey Mandy_2, I still haven't heard anything from uop and at this point I am losing hope. :(
 

StephenChan UCI

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2004
14
1
37
irvine
Visit site
Status
kit05 said:
Hey Mandy_2, I still haven't heard anything from uop and at this point I am losing hope. :(

I got interviewed in late March last year and i got in. IM currently a first year at UOP. So theres still hope, even if you get the last interview date. Oh yea and our school isnt all that, but we do have the #19 ranked basketball team in the nation. Beat that USC!
 
OP
K

kit05

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2005
11
0
Status
I got my rejection letter from uop today. :(
 
OP
K

kit05

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2005
11
0
Status
Mandy_2 said:
What was their reason:(???!!!!
They said the usual, like how they looked at prepharmacy courses, grades, recommendations, communication skills, extracurricular activities, etc... in determining who is most competitive. I have to call them in April to find out the specific reasons.
 

yuki

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
43
0
Status
kit05 said:
They said the usual, like how they looked at prepharmacy courses, grades, recommendations, communication skills, extracurricular activities, etc... in determining who is most competitive. I have to call them in April to find out the specific reasons.
I haven't heard back from UOP yet, but I am sure that rejection letter has my name on it. Don't feel bad Kit05. UOP was my first choice too. Did you apply anywhere else? Maybe you will get in somewhere else? That's what I'm hoping for. Hang in there!!
 

DScheveningen

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2004
82
1
Status
i haven't received my letter of rejection yet :laugh: , but it's ok. Maybe i'll receive it tomorrow? do they even send out letters for interview at this time in the race? :cool:
 

OoShimmeroO

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2004
159
0
Status
I got rejected too! I'm okay with it though because I don't want to live in Stockton for three years and their class size is HUGE. Plus, if I got accepted and decided to attend half of my classmates would be 20y/o since they have a 6 year year program and I'd feel way behind and old.
 

BESTPHARMACY

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
32
0
Status
OoShimmeroO said:
I got rejected too! I'm okay with it though because I don't want to live in Stockton for three years and their class size is HUGE. Plus, if I got accepted and decided to attend half of my classmates would be 20y/o since they have a 6 year year program and I'd feel way behind and old.
Yeah yeah, I think everyone would say this if they got rejected by a school that they applied to. COUGH***COUGH***EXCUSES***COUGH****COUGH*** :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 

endlesslove

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2004
363
0
USA
Status
BESTPHARMACY said:
Yeah yeah, I think everyone would say this if they got rejected by a school that they applied to. COUGH***COUGH***EXCUSES***COUGH****COUGH*** :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That wasn't such a nice thing to say. What was the intent of your comment to the rejectees, in particular OoShimmeroO?
 

OoShimmeroO

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2004
159
0
Status
I was just offering PROs of being rejected from UOP...and they were pretty valid points...
 

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
3,341
5
Squint your eyes and look closer.
Status
Pharmacist
endlesslove said:
That wasn't such a nice thing to say. What was the intent of your comment to the rejectees, in particular OoShimmeroO?
What has he ever said that WAS nice? I'd like to know who let this troll out of his cage.
 

azynchica

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
54
1
Status
Pharmacy Student
I agree with FutureRxGirl

Hmm.. I'll probably get my rejection letter soon too.. oh well, life goes on right? =)
 

rLee1106

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
10
0
Currently in Philly
Status
I heard that UOP pharmacy school receives more than 1400 applications and they can only take in 100 or so. Remember that they give first priority to their 2+3 or 3+3 Pre-pharm. students and entering class size is 200.
 

Minghoo

Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2004
94
0
40
Fresno
www.facebook.com
Status
Pharmacist
BESTPHARMACY said:
Yeah yeah, I think everyone would say this if they got rejected by a school that they applied to. COUGH***COUGH***EXCUSES***COUGH****COUGH*** :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, that wasn't a nice comment. Getting denied and/or accepted into schools is a serious thing. People put a lot of effort into their apps and it sucks to get rejected.
 

rLee1106

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
10
0
Currently in Philly
Status
Minghoo said:
Yeah, that wasn't a nice comment. Getting denied and/or accepted into schools is a serious thing. People put a lot of effort into their apps and it sucks to get rejected.

hi there Minghoo. It said on the bottom of your post that you went to UCBerk c/o 2003 and then you're going to USC c/o 2009 for pharmacy? what was your major in Berk? you waited 2 years to apply to pharmacy .... and what did u do with those 2 years after Berk?