Interview at USN

Started by tybidn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tybidn

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey folks,

I will have an interview at USN next week.
Anybody knows what the process is ( how do the questions look like? essay topics? how long for essay?)

Speacial thanks for any help
 
Hey folks,

I will have an interview at USN next week.
Anybody knows what the process is ( how do the questions look like? essay topics? how long for essay?)

Speacial thanks for any help

As I recall (interviewed last year), there is no essay. For the interview, it will be 3 on 1 instead of traditional 2 on 1 that you may be used to seeing. There is also a time where you get to chat with current students and such. The whole process is pretty quick and easy. For interview questions, please refer to the interview feedback forum.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As I recall (interviewed last year), there is no essay. For the interview, it will be 3 on 1 instead of traditional 2 on 1 that you may be used to seeing. There is also a time where you get to chat with current students and such. The whole process is pretty quick and easy. For interview questions, please refer to the interview feedback forum.

Not studying I see ? :laugh: Same here.
 
Anyone that went for interview recently mind sharing what questions you were asked that were interesting other than Why pharmacy, why USN? I checked the interview feedback forum.
 
Anyone that went for interview recently mind sharing what questions you were asked that were interesting other than Why pharmacy, why USN? I checked the interview feedback forum.

I got asked some pretty basic questions -- there was one about "are you a leader or a follower" (along those lines), as well as "why USN," "tell us what got you interested in pharmacy," plus a teamwork question and some personal questions related to my application. It's nothing to stress over too much. The interview took approx. 30 minutes, although I did notice that some other applicants' interviews lasted only 15-20 minutes, and others went beyond 45 minutes. Also, no essay.

Everyone was extremely friendly, and I was really impressed with the school.

The interview is conducted by a three-person panel, one faculty member and two students. They're not trying to grill you, just get to know you. They stress AUTHENTICITY in your answers. In other words, don't try too hard to say what you think they want to hear. But you knew that already 😉

GL! 🙂
 
Yeah, exactly what was said above. The questions were on a piece of paper, the interviewers just picked a few to ask you. All of the one's that I got were right in line with the interview prep section.
 
As I recall (interviewed last year), there is no essay. For the interview, it will be 3 on 1 instead of traditional 2 on 1 that you may be used to seeing. There is also a time where you get to chat with current students and such. The whole process is pretty quick and easy. For interview questions, please refer to the interview feedback forum.

hey where is interview forum........can u plz upload the link????
 
Hey everyone. Ive got an interview at the USN Utah campus this coming Thursday. Does anyone who has interviewed with them this year have any advice? I have checked the interview review links and they are very helpful, but I was wondering if anything for this year specifically was different than recent years.
I have never had an interview like this, so i was wondering things like, What did you wear? What kinds of things do you need to take to the interview, any papers or anything?
Thanks everyone for your help, and good luck to everyone else who is interviewing.
 
Hi this is my first post but i have been lurking around for awhile. I have an interview @ the S. jordan on march 4. Hopefully there will still be open seats still available.