Interview at Western University

Started by kata
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kata

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I recently been invited to an interview at Western and I am a bit nervous about it. This is the first interview I have been invited to, and I am not exactly sure how I should go about preparing for it. I have looked at the interview feedback for the school and has checked out their website, but is there anything else I can do.

I am also very nervous about the essay portion of the interview, I am not that great of a writer. I am even worst when there is the time pressure present, so any advice on how I would be able to deal with this would be much appreciated. Thank you everyone in advance. :scared:
 
kata said:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I recently been invited to an interview at Western and I am a bit nervous about it. This is the first interview I have been invited to, and I am not exactly sure how I should go about preparing for it. I have looked at the interview feedback for the school and has checked out their website, but is there anything else I can do.

I am also very nervous about the essay portion of the interview, I am not that great of a writer. I am even worst when there is the time pressure present, so any advice on how I would be able to deal with this would be much appreciated. Thank you everyone in advance. :scared:

Try reading several magazine articles (Economist, Newsweek, Time). Or you can also think of pharmacy dilemmas and write to those. You should do the writing under testing conditions!
 
kata said:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I recently been invited to an interview at Western and I am a bit nervous about it. This is the first interview I have been invited to, and I am not exactly sure how I should go about preparing for it. I have looked at the interview feedback for the school and has checked out their website, but is there anything else I can do.

I am also very nervous about the essay portion of the interview, I am not that great of a writer. I am even worst when there is the time pressure present, so any advice on how I would be able to deal with this would be much appreciated. Thank you everyone in advance. :scared:


the writing part wasnt too bad. the prompt i had was: if you had extra money, would you give it to a family member or to the community and why?

as for the interview itself, it went alright. i prepared my looking at several schools' interview feedback and made sure i knew how to answer questions from http://www.westernu.edu/prospective/sample.xml

the interviews are pseudo-open file. they review your file beforehand and know something about you, but during my interview they didn't look at the file. i walked in and a professor asked what i thought about the tour. they then said that they would introduce themselves then after, would like it if i introduced myself after . they then asked about my work experience. i told them i work in a retail pharmacy. then they asked me to name a problem in my work. i named them a problem. they asked me a solution to that problem. i offered them a solution. they asked me for a better solution, then i panicked. they then asked me if i was working during the time vioxx was pulled. they asked me how the pharmacists felt and how i felt during that time. then the student asked me why western. it was stressful, but just be prepared.