Interview at Western University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kata

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I recently been invited to an interview at Western and I am a bit nervous about it. This is the first interview I have been invited to, and I am not exactly sure how I should go about preparing for it. I have looked at the interview feedback for the school and has checked out their website, but is there anything else I can do.

I am also very nervous about the essay portion of the interview, I am not that great of a writer. I am even worst when there is the time pressure present, so any advice on how I would be able to deal with this would be much appreciated. Thank you everyone in advance. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

kata said:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I recently been invited to an interview at Western and I am a bit nervous about it. This is the first interview I have been invited to, and I am not exactly sure how I should go about preparing for it. I have looked at the interview feedback for the school and has checked out their website, but is there anything else I can do.

I am also very nervous about the essay portion of the interview, I am not that great of a writer. I am even worst when there is the time pressure present, so any advice on how I would be able to deal with this would be much appreciated. Thank you everyone in advance. :scared:

Try reading several magazine articles (Economist, Newsweek, Time). Or you can also think of pharmacy dilemmas and write to those. You should do the writing under testing conditions!

kata said:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

the writing part wasnt too bad. the prompt i had was: if you had extra money, would you give it to a family member or to the community and why?

as for the interview itself, it went alright. i prepared my looking at several schools' interview feedback and made sure i knew how to answer questions from http://www.westernu.edu/prospective/sample.xml

the interviews are pseudo-open file. they review your file beforehand and know something about you, but during my interview they didn't look at the file. i walked in and a professor asked what i thought about the tour. they then said that they would introduce themselves then after, would like it if i introduced myself after . they then asked about my work experience. i told them i work in a retail pharmacy. then they asked me to name a problem in my work. i named them a problem. they asked me a solution to that problem. i offered them a solution. they asked me for a better solution, then i panicked. they then asked me if i was working during the time vioxx was pulled. they asked me how the pharmacists felt and how i felt during that time. then the student asked me why western. it was stressful, but just be prepared.