interview attire for the fellas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr4eyes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to see if any guys know the proper outfit etiquette for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Dr4eyes said:
just wanted to see if any guys know the proper outfit etiquette for an interview?

I wore a black suit to each interview.

I think you should wear a dress. Then if they reject you, you can threaten to sue them for discriminating agains cross-dressers. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
sco1styear said:
Ok, I'm female. But the guys interviewing I've seen usually have on dress slacks, button-up shirt, and tie. I think a full suit might be overdoing it....
(Listen to the female, we pay attention to these things)

I think anything less than a full suit does not look right. It does not have to be anything fancy, but make sure it fits properly. The knot in your tie should be neat (not too fat or too skinny, crease should be in the middle, no crease is clean too). Also, make sure your shoes are clean.

most guys i've seen where a shirt and tie. Being in Texas you'd fry in a jacket.

thanks for all the advice...im definitely debating whether or not i need a full suit or if a dress shirt and tie will be fine

Dr4eyes said:
thanks for all the advice...im definitely debating whether or not i need a full suit or if a dress shirt and tie will be fine

Here's some more advice for you to maybe consider. To all of my interviews, I wore something comfortable that was also unique. I work a pair of dress pants with shirt and tie with a v-neck sweater over the shirt. I felt this was a very presentable look that was something different than the usual suit. Wearing a suit is great, but I felt that if I wore something a little different, I would be remembered a little better. But regardless, wear something comfortable and presentable. THe interviewers will all be more interested in what you have to offer than what you are dressed like. There's my two cents...

Dr4eyes said:
Try the Search feature of this website. There are lots of attire-related threads on other folums.

I'd wear a full suit. That's what I did.

Depends which program you're interviewing at. Personally I think the following is a pretty solid choice:

bush-black-vote.jpg

fedor said:
Depends which program you're interviewing at. Personally I think the following is a pretty solid choice:

bush-black-vote.jpg

hahahaha...funny stuff man