interview attire for women?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcaco

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any suggestions? i know you're supposed to wear a suit (skirt/pants) but what about shoes? bags? folders? etc...

for the ladies out there, what did you wear when you interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

jcaco said:
any suggestions? i know you're supposed to wear a suit (skirt/pants) but what about shoes? bags? folders? etc...

I wore a black pant suit with a bright pink shirt underneath...I also wore a little sparkly pink pin to make my black suit less boring! Other than that, I just brought in a little black purse. Wherever you are going, it is likely that you will be taking a tour of the campus, so just make sure you can walk in the shoes that you wear!

jcaco said:

Are you really supposed to wear a suit??? I was planning on wearing gray pinstripe pants w/ either white button up shirt or pink sweater... but not a suit. Uh oh... maybe I need to go shopping?

Members don't see this ad :)
Most girls who come to interview at PCO wear suits. It's ok if you don't- I've seen a few- and I'm pretty sure no one cares. The only thing is you might feel uncomfortable yourself if everyone else interviewing that day is in a suit. If you don't care- then wear what you want-what you just described sounds fine- just look polished. Hope that helps.

Helloz,

If you do plan on wearing a sweater, I think it would look more professional to wear something with a collar underneath. Of course it's always better to be overdressed than under!!! Most of the females I've seen usually wear suits during interviews. I wore a black one with a red collared shirt underneath. Anyway, there's always a reason to go shopping :)

Ning-Ju

pre_opt_sku said:
I wore a black pant suit with a bright pink shirt underneath...I also wore a little sparkly pink pin to make my black suit less boring! Other than that, I just brought in a little black purse. Wherever you are going, it is likely that you will be taking a tour of the campus, so just make sure you can walk in the shoes that you wear!

would bringing a small purse be enough? what did you do with the papers (if any) that they gave you? -thanks!

jcaco said:
would bringing a small purse be enough? what did you do with the papers (if any) that they gave you? -thanks!

I carried a purse and a folder to keep papers and notes

jcaco said:

The papers they gave me were in a little folder. Some of the other people that I interviewed with brought briefcases/folders. I brought nothing like that with me. It's up to you.