interview attire for women?

Started by jcaco
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jcaco

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any suggestions? i know you're supposed to wear a suit (skirt/pants) but what about shoes? bags? folders? etc...

for the ladies out there, what did you wear when you interviewed?
 
jcaco said:
any suggestions? i know you're supposed to wear a suit (skirt/pants) but what about shoes? bags? folders? etc...

for the ladies out there, what did you wear when you interviewed?

I wore a black pant suit with a bright pink shirt underneath...I also wore a little sparkly pink pin to make my black suit less boring! Other than that, I just brought in a little black purse. Wherever you are going, it is likely that you will be taking a tour of the campus, so just make sure you can walk in the shoes that you wear!
 
jcaco said:
any suggestions? i know you're supposed to wear a suit (skirt/pants) but what about shoes? bags? folders? etc...

for the ladies out there, what did you wear when you interviewed?


Are you really supposed to wear a suit??? I was planning on wearing gray pinstripe pants w/ either white button up shirt or pink sweater... but not a suit. Uh oh... maybe I need to go shopping?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most girls who come to interview at PCO wear suits. It's ok if you don't- I've seen a few- and I'm pretty sure no one cares. The only thing is you might feel uncomfortable yourself if everyone else interviewing that day is in a suit. If you don't care- then wear what you want-what you just described sounds fine- just look polished. Hope that helps.
 
Helloz,

If you do plan on wearing a sweater, I think it would look more professional to wear something with a collar underneath. Of course it's always better to be overdressed than under!!! Most of the females I've seen usually wear suits during interviews. I wore a black one with a red collared shirt underneath. Anyway, there's always a reason to go shopping 🙂

Ning-Ju
 
pre_opt_sku said:
I wore a black pant suit with a bright pink shirt underneath...I also wore a little sparkly pink pin to make my black suit less boring! Other than that, I just brought in a little black purse. Wherever you are going, it is likely that you will be taking a tour of the campus, so just make sure you can walk in the shoes that you wear!

would bringing a small purse be enough? what did you do with the papers (if any) that they gave you? -thanks!
 
jcaco said:
would bringing a small purse be enough? what did you do with the papers (if any) that they gave you? -thanks!

I carried a purse and a folder to keep papers and notes
 
jcaco said:
would bringing a small purse be enough? what did you do with the papers (if any) that they gave you? -thanks!

The papers they gave me were in a little folder. Some of the other people that I interviewed with brought briefcases/folders. I brought nothing like that with me. It's up to you.