-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Interview Attire
Started by sp4175
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wouldn't go higher than 3 inches.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we are wearing skirts, do we need to wear pantyhose as well? *CRINGE*
no you don't need to. one of the girls in my group wore a skirt and she didn't wear one
Just look professional and act naturally. Be nice and answer honestly. You're not going to be scrutinized in extreme detail. I look at it more as a screening to be sure that you don't raise red flags.
Interviewees are always the best dressed people on campus...
The interview guidelines for SCCO dictate that girls should wear pantyhose. I bought my first pair of pantyhose the other day, and I feel like I was thrown back to the eighties! 🙂If we are wearing skirts, do we need to wear pantyhose as well? *CRINGE*
yes on pantyhose!!!!!
You are supposed to be dressed professionally- professional dress do dictate that you wear pantyhose with that dress suit. Honestly, it's one day- you can handle a little of "cringe". I've seen those who dress well during interviews and I've seen those who erred on the less conventional side who were still accepted. But, what if you got an older interviewer who's a little old school? Don't do yourself a disservice, it's one day- if you can't handle professional dress for one day- what can you handle?
BE laid back but DRESS professional
You are supposed to be dressed professionally- professional dress do dictate that you wear pantyhose with that dress suit. Honestly, it's one day- you can handle a little of "cringe". I've seen those who dress well during interviews and I've seen those who erred on the less conventional side who were still accepted. But, what if you got an older interviewer who's a little old school? Don't do yourself a disservice, it's one day- if you can't handle professional dress for one day- what can you handle?
BE laid back but DRESS professional
I wore pantyhose! But I did not wear a suit jacket which most of the other interviewees wore. But I still got accepted to both schools I interviewed at. 🙂
yes on pantyhose!!!!!
You are supposed to be dressed professionally- professional dress do dictate that you wear pantyhose with that dress suit. Honestly, it's one day- you can handle a little of "cringe". I've seen those who dress well during interviews and I've seen those who erred on the less conventional side who were still accepted. But, what if you got an older interviewer who's a little old school? Don't do yourself a disservice, it's one day- if you can't handle professional dress for one day- what can you handle?
BE laid back but DRESS professional
LOL I think I can handle it. Just wondering if I could go without, because I definitely would avoid them if I could! That being said, I'd rather not take the risk if it's an oldie doing my interview.
Can any one give me a feed back on this pair of shoes that I consider waering for my Interview on 19th Npc at Houston Med School? I preferred the strap type because my leftt is a bit smaller than the right! Thought the strap will give me additional grip. Just not sure if the strap will make it "unprofessional" and a dance shoe look?? Please give me your thoughts. Thanks
Attachments
Can any one give me a feed back on this pair of shoes that I consider waering for my Interview on 19th Npc at Houston Med School? I preferred the strap type because my leftt is a bit smaller than the right! Thought the strap will give me additional grip. Just not sure if the strap will make it "unprofessional" and a dance shoe look?? Please give me your thoughts. Thanks
that seems fine to me. a couple of girls at my interviews wore flats, and they seemed to do just fine.
I just wanted to ask if it's a appropriate to wear this blazer (link down below) with black slacks, some sort of white silky top and 3 inch black heels.
http://www.hm.com/ca/product/79468?article=79468-A
http://www.hm.com/ca/product/79468?article=79468-A
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad