Interview Attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sp4175

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is a good heel height for ladies???

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If we are wearing skirts, do we need to wear pantyhose as well? *CRINGE*

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it would be necessary. Interviews are professional, but they're pretty laid back also. I think it's more important to them to get to know you than how you dress? If you're not comfortable in them, I wouldn't :)

Just look professional and act naturally. Be nice and answer honestly. You're not going to be scrutinized in extreme detail. I look at it more as a screening to be sure that you don't raise red flags.

Interviewees are always the best dressed people on campus...

If we are wearing skirts, do we need to wear pantyhose as well? *CRINGE*
The interview guidelines for SCCO dictate that girls should wear pantyhose. I bought my first pair of pantyhose the other day, and I feel like I was thrown back to the eighties! :)

yes on pantyhose!!!!!
You are supposed to be dressed professionally- professional dress do dictate that you wear pantyhose with that dress suit. Honestly, it's one day- you can handle a little of "cringe". I've seen those who dress well during interviews and I've seen those who erred on the less conventional side who were still accepted. But, what if you got an older interviewer who's a little old school? Don't do yourself a disservice, it's one day- if you can't handle professional dress for one day- what can you handle?

BE laid back but DRESS professional

I wore pantyhose! But I did not wear a suit jacket which most of the other interviewees wore. But I still got accepted to both schools I interviewed at. :)

yes on pantyhose!!!!!
You are supposed to be dressed professionally- professional dress do dictate that you wear pantyhose with that dress suit. Honestly, it's one day- you can handle a little of "cringe". I've seen those who dress well during interviews and I've seen those who erred on the less conventional side who were still accepted. But, what if you got an older interviewer who's a little old school? Don't do yourself a disservice, it's one day- if you can't handle professional dress for one day- what can you handle?

BE laid back but DRESS professional

LOL I think I can handle it. Just wondering if I could go without, because I definitely would avoid them if I could! That being said, I'd rather not take the risk if it's an oldie doing my interview.

Can any one give me a feed back on this pair of shoes that I consider waering for my Interview on 19th Npc at Houston Med School? I preferred the strap type because my leftt is a bit smaller than the right! Thought the strap will give me additional grip. Just not sure if the strap will make it "unprofessional" and a dance shoe look?? Please give me your thoughts. Thanks

Attachments

• Shoes.jpg
    Shoes.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 56
Can any one give me a feed back on this pair of shoes that I consider waering for my Interview on 19th Npc at Houston Med School? I preferred the strap type because my leftt is a bit smaller than the right! Thought the strap will give me additional grip. Just not sure if the strap will make it "unprofessional" and a dance shoe look?? Please give me your thoughts. Thanks

that seems fine to me. a couple of girls at my interviews wore flats, and they seemed to do just fine.