Interview Attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smoodle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all of you experienced interviewees,

Just bought a skirt suit yesterday for my upcoming interviews and wanted to make sure that what I bought is appropriate. It has sleeves that end at elbow length, is this not acceptable to the professional look needed? I know this might be knit picky, but wanted to check!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just bought a skirt suit yesterday for my upcoming interviews and wanted to make sure that what I bought is appropriate. It has sleeves that end at elbow length, is this not acceptable to the professional look needed? I know this might be knit picky, but wanted to check!

Thanks!

If you think it's professional-looking, then go for it. I'm a guy so I can't really imagine a suit that has sleeves ending at the elbows :laugh:

My suit also has sleeves that end at the elbows (3/4 length). I think it's still appropriate and professional, and also makes the look more interesting (less boring).

You'd probably start pushing it if you decided to wear bright red shoes....or a bright red suit, ha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep it conservative and you'll be fine. You almost don't want them to notice your clothing. "Does this applicant have the demeanor and appearance of a professional adult?" "check, now on to the interview."

Also, since you're female, do NOT wear nice pants with a glorified t-shirt on top. So many do that and it looks terrible. I know you said you bought the suit, but I just had to vent about the t-shirts!

Good luck on your interviews

Keep it conservative and you'll be fine. You almost don't want them to notice your clothing. "Does this applicant have the demeanor and appearance of a professional adult?" "check, now on to the interview."

Also, since you're female, do NOT wear nice pants with a glorified t-shirt on top. So many do that and it looks terrible. I know you said you bought the suit, but I just had to vent about the t-shirts!

Good luck on your interviews

Haha! Ew. Why would someone think that would be appropriate?

Okay, new rule. When interview attire questions are asked there must be pictures. :cool:

I was at an interview at a very conservative school and one of my fellow interviewees had a low cut shirt on - basically 2/5 of boobs showing. Why?

Okay, new rule. When interview attire questions are asked there must be pictures. :cool:

I was at an interview at a very conservative school and one of my fellow interviewees had a low cut shirt on - basically 2/5 of boobs showing. Why?

Oh my... at first I read it as "2 out of 5 of her boobs showing". :rolleyes:

OP, if you haven't yet wander over to the pre-allo forum. There is a multipage thread on interview attire (one male, one female 2 threads).

There is no way we can do justice to try and recreate several hundred posts on the topic.

That said, I think you are fine.

Thanks!

That should be fine. Good luck!

My gf has a really classy-looking one that's just past elbow length. You're good to go.