interview before AMCAS verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwertyu12345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody receive interviews before being AMCAS verified if you already sent secondaries if they were available on the schools' websites?

Members don't see this ad.

anybody receive interviews before being AMCAS verified if you already sent secondaries if they were available on the schools' websites?

Did you? I'm curious, I'm hoping something like this works out for me..

I do know some one who was invited before they completed their secondary though.

As far as I know no school will look at your application before you submit the primary and your letters of rec. So I would say no, this doesn't happen on anything close to resembling a regular basis. There may be an extreme case or two, though I am at a loss to think of an example why it would.

Members don't see this ad :)
Never heard of this happening.

I am going to say no...

Did you? I'm curious, I'm hoping something like this works out for me..

I do know some one who was invited before they completed their secondary though.

An actual invite or a call to say if you complete you will get an invite?

An actual invite or a call to say if you complete you will get an invite?

A true call for an interview invite. He was scheduled for one before completing the secondary. His application is really solid (GPA + MCAT + ECs) and it was from our state school.

Schools like Michigan are known to give out auto-interview invites before receiving secondaries back because they do a cursory preliminary review of primaries/recs. The prevailing theories speculate that there's a magical threshold comprised of a combination of school reputation, GPA, and MCAT.

On the other hand, there are also a few schools like Vanderbilt where you do not get the opportunity to submit a secondary until you are invited for an interview by mail.

But in all cases that I'm aware of, the schools must see your primary and maybe even letters of rec.

As for UTSW, I'm not sure what the TMDSAS process is, but for MD/PhD applicants through AMCAS, there is no secondary period.