Interview before Dec 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hteteibo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey So I have a general quetsion..........If you get an interview date before dec 1st, do the schools have to give u a decision by dec 1st???
Also does that mean that everyone whose interviews are before Dec 1st are in the same pool for deciding who to give offers out to.....whether their interview is in oct or nov???
Im confused cos im canadian and have no idea :(

Members don't see this ad.

You are pre-med and Canadian :eek:

Yes, students getting interview before Dec. 1st will get the decisions by Dec. 1st. If you are schedule for Jan. and Feb. you should be fine there too.

Hey So I have a general quetsion..........If you get an interview date before dec 1st, do the schools have to give u a decision by dec 1st???
Also does that mean that everyone whose interviews are before Dec 1st are in the same pool for deciding who to give offers out to.....whether their interview is in oct or nov???
Im confused cos im canadian and have no idea :(
yes and no! it depends when you interview in Nov. Last year, I interviewed one school on Nov. 23rd and didn't hear from them until late Jan.

Members don't see this ad :)
At some schools, early interviews = greater chance of acceptance. Looking at predents for case/nova in 2010 and 2009, you can see that the % interviewed that are accepted drops dramatically from december onwards even though they interview well into march.

For other schools, it does not really matter.

Last edited:
You are pre-med and Canadian :eek:

Yes, students getting interview before Dec. 1st will get the decisions by Dec. 1st. If you are schedule for Jan. and Feb. you should be fine there too.

Mid-Nov is about the cutoff point for people who interview before Dec 1st and get accepted during the first round. The adcoms usually will meet before the Thanksgiving break, so they need that week before to sort through the interviewees.