Interview before PCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zero84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I 've been invited for an interview before taking my pcat in october. If i don't do well on the pcat will they reject me b/c of it? or how well do I have to do on the pcat?

Members don't see this ad.

ooh nice, which school did you get an interview for?

Nice help eth :p

I talked to the Associate Dean of VCU for a while about this and he said that if you are offered an interview based solely on your stats minus your PCAT, you are already a favorable candidate.

In my case, I have applied early decision and may or may not have my August PCAT scores before my interview on the 27th of September. He told me that the acceptance is going to be loosely based on the PCAT now that I am already invited for an interview and more heavily based on how well I perform in the interview. This in turn puts more stress on me about the interview itself.

So, in your case, I would just prepare well for your interview and try to relax about it. If they like you in the interview, you are more likely to get in even if you get lower than the average PCAT score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice help eth :p

I talked to the Associate Dean of VCU for a while about this and he said that if you are offered an interview based solely on your stats minus your PCAT, you are already a favorable candidate.

In my case, I have applied early decision and may or may not have my August PCAT scores before my interview on the 27th of September. He told me that the acceptance is going to be loosely based on the PCAT now that I am already invited for an interview and more heavily based on how well I perform in the interview. This in turn puts more stress on me about the interview itself.

So, in your case, I would just prepare well for your interview and try to relax about it. If they like you in the interview, you are more likely to get in even if you get lower than the average PCAT score.

Good call! I just have to brush up on my social skills :) Hopefully we'll meet each other on the 27th!

Congratulations you guys!! MCV really sends out their Early Decision invites out quick, don't they?!

Good call! I just have to brush up on my social skills :) Hopefully we'll meet each other on the 27th!

I guess we 3 will meet each other on that day, What are you guys going to wear? so I can completely wear the opposite :cool:

I guess we 3 will meet each other on that day, What are you guys going to wear? so I can completely wear the opposite :cool:

Absolutely... nothing. That's right. I'm going to wear absolutely nothing. ;)

I guess that means you're dressing up. Suit?

Absolutely... nothing. That's right. I'm going to wear absolutely nothing. ;)

I guess that means you're dressing up. Suit?

I guess Armani suit, Prada shoes, Gucci sunglasses, Cartier watch, Versace tie, D&G shirt, oh and Forzieri cufflinks with ST Dupoint tie bar.

I guess Armani suit, Prada shoes, Gucci sunglasses, Cartier watch, Versace tie, D&G shirt, oh and Forzieri cufflinks with ST Dupoint tie bar.

I guess I'll know who you are then.. :p

Probably shouldn't wear sunglasses lol (I know it's all a joke :p)

But for srs I will probably wear a suit I have had forever (grey I think). I can't really afford to go all out for a one day interview.

Probably shouldn't wear sunglasses lol (I know it's all a joke :p)

But for srs I will probably wear a suit I have had forever (grey I think). I can't really afford to go all out for a one day interview.

I dont know why you think im joking....:confused:..I need my Gucci sunglasses for the outside tour..also I forgot to add DKNY belt with a kenneth cole briefcase.

I dont know why you think im joking....:confused:..I need my Gucci sunglasses for the outside tour..also I forgot to add DKNY belt with a kenneth cole briefcase.

haha well I guess I'm just too poor to think that anybody my age could afford these things ;)...you will certainly impress them if they know anything about clothing and style :)