Interview body language

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Good link...though I don't understand the not crossing your legs deal. If I hadn't of crossed my legs in my interview, there would have been some Basic Instinct action going on haha.
 
I suppose crossing your legs is similar to crossing your arms is while talking to someone. I don't think anyone would cross their arms during an interview. I personally prefer to do the pageant pose of crossing my ankles and angling the straight line of my legs a little to one side or the other of the interviewer to prevent any peek a boo action.
 
Good link...though I don't understand the not crossing your legs deal. If I hadn't of crossed my legs in my interview, there would have been some Basic Instinct action going on haha.

😱

I agree with the article. Crossing your legs is something you do in casual conversation or if you're a diplomat at a photo-op, or being interviewed on television.

Crossing your legs also implies superiority, in some situations, IMO. You don't want to give off this impression.