Interview cancellations

Started by lgooden
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lgooden

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, if I applied to 8 schools and have been accepted at one in the top 3 of my list, should I cancel upcoming interviews for the schools I did not rank as high? Is this wise? I f I do cancel them what is the best way to go about it, should I call or email or does it not really matter? I don't know why but I kinda feel bad about it. I was looking forward to seeing some other schools, meeting some new people, doing a little bit of traveling. I really don't have the money though, esp after paying $500 to hold my spot 🙁
 
lgooden said:
So, if I applied to 8 schools and have been accepted at one in the top 3 of my list, should I cancel upcoming interviews for the schools I did not rank as high? Is this wise? I f I do cancel them what is the best way to go about it, should I call or email or does it not really matter? I don't know why but I kinda feel bad about it. I was looking forward to seeing some other schools, meeting some new people, doing a little bit of traveling. I really don't have the money though, esp after paying $500 to hold my spot 🙁

I definitely know how you feel, as I'm in the same situation. I also wanted to visit different schools and tour cities, but I realize that it costs major time and $$$. Perhaps you can send the schools a friendly, yet apologetic email or letter regarding your situation? I personally am much more comfortable with writing than making direct phone calls regarding cancellations, as I already feel bad as is. However, I feel they should definitely understand your situation as it probably happens quite a bit. Also, they will appreciate your professionalism in handling the issue. Hopefully this helps!