Interview cancellations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lgooden

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, if I applied to 8 schools and have been accepted at one in the top 3 of my list, should I cancel upcoming interviews for the schools I did not rank as high? Is this wise? I f I do cancel them what is the best way to go about it, should I call or email or does it not really matter? I don't know why but I kinda feel bad about it. I was looking forward to seeing some other schools, meeting some new people, doing a little bit of traveling. I really don't have the money though, esp after paying $500 to hold my spot :(

Members don't see this ad.

lgooden said:
So, if I applied to 8 schools and have been accepted at one in the top 3 of my list, should I cancel upcoming interviews for the schools I did not rank as high? Is this wise? I f I do cancel them what is the best way to go about it, should I call or email or does it not really matter? I don't know why but I kinda feel bad about it. I was looking forward to seeing some other schools, meeting some new people, doing a little bit of traveling. I really don't have the money though, esp after paying $500 to hold my spot :(

I definitely know how you feel, as I'm in the same situation. I also wanted to visit different schools and tour cities, but I realize that it costs major time and $$$. Perhaps you can send the schools a friendly, yet apologetic email or letter regarding your situation? I personally am much more comfortable with writing than making direct phone calls regarding cancellations, as I already feel bad as is. However, I feel they should definitely understand your situation as it probably happens quite a bit. Also, they will appreciate your professionalism in handling the issue. Hopefully this helps!