Interview Conflict

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedChic

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all,

So I have 5 DO interviews lined up so far... NYCOM, CCOM, UNECOM, Western, and WVSOM and I kind of have a conflict with WVSOM and UNECOM. I have to turn one of these down because they're one day apart and I can't reschedule them.

It's really hard to decide which one to turn down before actually visiting the schools. At this point what does one look for? How do I go about finding a match list etc.?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which school are you closer to? That might be a consideration if you want to stay close to home. I think that they both are focused in primary care and rural medicine, so they share that in common.

I don't know much about WVSOM. I interviewed at UNECOM, and I loved the school and the students, so I'm a little biased... But, I would choose UNECOM.

Thanks guys, yea I kind of have a soft spot for Maine. I was considering the interview at WVSOM bc apparently it was voted as one of the best osteo schools in family practice according to US News...not sure if this is completely accurate..

Anyway the deciding factor was the extra application fee I'd have to pay for WVSOM and the supplementary they have you fill out only if you are granted the interview. No thanks!

I know it would be tuff but you could possible fly out after your interview. It would be tough and possible expensive.