Interview dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeMcDougalson

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall,

I have a completely packed interview schedule in November and December but haven't heard back from Northwestern, Cornell, or Columbia. I see that people have received invites from those places, and I was curious what dates were offered for their interviews?

If people wouldn't mind posting the dates offered, it would help me decide if there are interviews I should plan to potentially cancel or if I will be able to schedule these interviews in January.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Columbia interviews on Fridays and Cornell is mostly Wed and Thurs. Columbia had 1 Jan date and Cornell had 2.

The problem with invites is that they are unpredictable, Neuro programs have more limited dates than say IM, and who knows if you will get invited or how many dates will be left when you are. Another program recently contacted me with only 1 date available, when I replied saying I had a schedule conflict and asked for an alternate date they were able to find one for me. I would say hold off on buying plane tix as late as you can, consider calling or emailing the program to get an idea of when you might hear back, and worst case scenario when these invites come in you can either cancel/move another interview or request to wait for an alternate date.