Interview dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seanskim

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have a trip coming up from oct/22-nov/11ish and was wondering if interviews are going to be problem if i go on this trip. My aadsas application was sent out on 9/4 and all of my supplements are done. For supplements, UPENN's was mailed 9/14, UCSF's was submitted 9/14. (Am I really late?)
From the pool of applicants, it seems like it takes about 45 days from AADSAS mailout date for them to receive interview dates which means I should expect the interview notification to come around 10/20 (right around when I leave). My question is how much time do they usually give you between interview notif and the actual interview dates. Most of the posts shows when they received the interview notifs but they dont say when the actual interview is. Since it's rolling basis, I want to have the interview asap but this trip is also very important. Can anyone shed some light on when I should expect to have my interviews?

Also, what do you guys think about my chances at UPENN UCSF UoP Columbia with the following stats (no research)
oGPA: 3.54 sGPA: 3.64 BCP:3.55
DAT AA/TS/PAT/RC: 25,23,27,22

Members don't see this ad.

I mailed out 08/21 and received an interview from UoP last Thursday for Oct 8, but they did give me options.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Those are some good stats.

I would be surprised if you didn't get an interview

Yes that trip is going to interfere with possible interviews. Your chances are as good as any getting into those schools with people with similar stats. Looking at the current acceptance/rejection thread, some people with your stats got interviews, some did not. Who knows. So much of it is the rest of your application and research experience doesn't seem to matter. Did you apply to any other schools???? You will have to decide what is more important, this trip or an interview that can determine what happens for the rest of your life.

They give you about 3 weeks or a month notice before an interview I'd say. The only exception I would think would be if you applied to your in-state school(s) and they gave you less time because you don't have to fly in. Some schools are also accommodating with interview dates. Doesn't usually hurt to ask if it can be rescheduled, especially if you explain the prior commitment and importance of your trip

UOP was really flexible with interview dates. I got an interview invite in august and they gave me September dates. I couldn't interview in September and so they let me choose an October date.

Yes that trip is going to interfere with possible interviews. Your chances are as good as any getting into those schools with people with similar stats. Looking at the current acceptance/rejection thread, some people with your stats got interviews, some did not. Who knows. So much of it is the rest of your application and research experience doesn't seem to matter. Did you apply to any other schools???? You will have to decide what is more important, this trip or an interview that can determine what happens for the rest of your life.
Ugh i was hoping you wouldnt say that lol. I applied to nyu tufts harvard bu umich rutgers ucla usc too. Thanks for the response