Interview Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RehabFit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all -
MS3 here in the midst of planning my MS4 schedule. What is the date range that I should definitely keep clear for interviews? Are the IM prelim or transition year interviews offered at signficantly different times than the Rehab programs?

Members don't see this ad.

You know, I asked some of the fourth years at my school this question. Their answer to me was "2 months of radiology electives in Dec/Jan" :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Be ready for more than 2 months... For example, I'll use myself:
1st Interview PM&R - October 7th
Last Interview PM&R - Next week (although I canceled it due to pre-match)

They were really scattered all throughout that time. You can try to lump them, but no guarantees. Some programs offer them early, even if for later dates, while some offers don't come until later on. Not to scare you, but just wanted to give you a heads up!

Be ready for more than 2 months... For example, I'll use myself:
1st Interview PM&R - October 7th
Last Interview PM&R - Next week (although I canceled it due to pre-match)

They were really scattered all throughout that time. You can try to lump them, but no guarantees. Some programs offer them early, even if for later dates, while some offers don't come until later on. Not to scare you, but just wanted to give you a heads up!

Congrats on the pre-match....which program was it?

Regarding interview timing, I would highly rec. trying to schedule December or January as a month off w/ whatever policy your school has. If you respond to your interview offers ASAP, you should be able to fit the majority of your interviews in during that time period. I had December off and scheduled most of my interviews during it, with only a few during November and January. I was very pleased w/ how this worked out.

Thanks for the feedback... just completed my course calendar, with december totally free and a rads month in jan :)

i am curious though about the "pre-match?" I thought that only certain other specialties (like urology or optho) matched before the NRMP in march - is it possible to match early for PMR as well?

Thanks for the feedback... just completed my course calendar, with december totally free and a rads month in jan :)

i am curious though about the "pre-match?" I thought that only certain other specialties (like urology or optho) matched before the NRMP in march - is it possible to match early for PMR as well?

:thumbup: nice work w/ the scheduling

About pre-matching, that is only for "non-4th year US MD students", ie DO's, foreign grads and US MD's who have already graduated. They can be officially signed outside of the match. The Uro/optho issue is just an earlier match process then the regular match, but abides by the same basic rules