Interview day but also checkout date :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hihobi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My interview date for Uni of Minnesota is on the same day as my check-out day for my hotel. Check-out time is 11:00 AM and the interview is done around 2:30 pm. I have no idea what to do... where can I store my luggage??

Members don't see this ad.

My interview date for Uni of Minnesota is on the same day as my check-out day for my hotel. Check-out time is 11:00 AM and the interview is done around 2:30 pm. I have no idea what to do... where can I store my luggage??

I'm pretty sure your checkout time will be before your interview ends for every interview you will have.

Most hotels offer a service to let you keep your baggage behind the concierge's desk and most dental schools will offer a place to keep your baggage there too if you want

Reactions: 3 users
Just take all your stuff to UoM. They had a place for me to keep mine when I interviewed there.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure your checkout time will be before your interview ends for every interview you will have.

Most hotels offer a service to let you keep your baggage behind the concierge's desk and most dental schools will offer a place to keep your baggage there too if you want

This is the norm rather than the exception. For each interview call and ask the school. If it's not convenient at the school, leave your luggage with the bellman at the hotel -- they have a special closet for that.

Some hotels will accept to store your luggage somewhere in their hotels.
I am quoting a reply to someone who has similar situation( not exactly the same)

1. Re: Storing luggage after check out.

The bell desk at any of the hotels will be happy to hold your luggage until you're ready to head for the airport.

Just remember to tip when you pick them up!

Storing luggage after check out. - Las Vegas Forum - TripAdvisor

UoM stored three bags for me during my interview because my gf was with me at the time and wanted to see the city without taking bags everywhere. Good luck with your interview, it's an amazing school.

Reactions: 1 user
UoM stored three bags for me during my interview because my gf was with me at the time and wanted to see the city without taking bags everywhere. Good luck with your interview, it's an amazing school.
May I ask what the interview was like?

May I ask what the interview was like?
Interview was about an hour long with 2 on 1 style. They asked me the usual questions such as why dentistry, why U of M, why Minnesota. A tough question they asked me was name a time you didn't fulfill an obligation. But overall it was just like having a conversation and my strategy was just to talk with them as much as I could and smile. They didn't ask me anything about the long essays I wrote. Good luck!

I interviewed there in August. They have a place to put your bags.

Interview was about an hour long with 2 on 1 style. They asked me the usual questions such as why dentistry, why U of M, why Minnesota. A tough question they asked me was name a time you didn't fulfill an obligation. But overall it was just like having a conversation and my strategy was just to talk with them as much as I could and smile. They didn't ask me anything about the long essays I wrote. Good luck!
Any tips on how to keep the convo going? The only thing that Im afraid is going to happen is going through a awkward silence :\

Any tips on how to keep the convo going? The only thing that Im afraid is going to happen is going through a awkward silence :\
I am the master of awkward silences and I was fine during my interview there. They move from question to question pretty easily and ask good follow up questions so there really isn't much time for silences. All of the questions are about you and things you've done or experienced in the past so unless you get stumped on one of the questions (which you might, but they let you skip and come back if you want), then you'll be fine. Most people can talk forever about themselves. It honestly just felt like storytime.
Disclaimer: I interviewed 5 years ago so things may have changed since then.

I am the master of awkward silences and I was fine during my interview there. They move from question to question pretty easily and ask good follow up questions so there really isn't much time for silences. All of the questions are about you and things you've done or experienced in the past so unless you get stumped on one of the questions (which you might, but they let you skip and come back if you want), then you'll be fine. Most people can talk forever about themselves. It honestly just felt like storytime.
Disclaimer: I interviewed 5 years ago so things may have changed since then.
This is pretty accurate.