1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Interview day?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by trash55, Jan 4, 2009.

1. trash55

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have a couple of interviews this month and am curious about the structure of the day. I know the whole process is usually about 4-5 hours long. I'm sure that they will give a presentation, tour, ect. But, I can't imagine that will take most of the day. What do they do with the rest of the time? How long do they typically interview each candidate? Are their any other things (like drug screening the candidates, other presentations from other departments or discussing housing options) or do they just have so many people to interview that you will sit and wait for a while?

Also, after you interview are you done and free to go home?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PharMed2016

PharMed2016 Eternal Scholar
    Physician Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well let's see... you have breakfast with everyone... then short presentation about the school (30 minutes)... a tour (30-45mins) ... an activity sometimes but maybe not (30 mins) interview (30mins) ... lunch/talk with everyone (30mins-1 hour)... and other presentations like finacial aid (30mins)... wrap up.

4. IrishRxMan

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    It's not easy to give a generic response because each school works differently. I can tell you how things go with my school. First there is a spontaneous writing sample that everyone takes at the same time. After that it becomes more of an individual schedule. If your interview is early, you will have to sit and wait for it, then take the situational assessment test and get fitted for scrubs, white coat, lab coat and have your picture taken.
    After all that is done you can leave.

5. trash55

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thanks for the input. I'm actually interviewing at LECOM Erie this month and they are my top choice of schools. What sort of activity are you talking about? Also, any helpful suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

6. PharMed2016

PharMed2016 Eternal Scholar
    Physician Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    For LECOM-Erie... my interview was quite brief but I thought I did good especially when they started talking about where I can get a job around the area and possible living arrangements for myself during the interview. It was all smiles and polite nods of the head... it was my best interview all season.

Anyway, there is no student activity/write-up for LECOM-E although there is one for LECOM-B but I thought it was a piece of cake. (about drug-reps) Don't come with premade answers because no one question is the same, make sure to answer the question asked, smile alot, dress to impress (suit/tie or for women... you girls have more options), arrive 15 minutes early (don't want to hold people up)... oh, and be prepared to outline how you would be able to perform under their rigorous curriculum. (prior experiences help).

7. trash55

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Is the student activity/write-up not done at the Erie campus because they are using the PCAT to asess your writing abilities. If so, does the fact that Bradenton is going to have a student activity/write-up mean that they don't require the PCAT? I am actually interviewing at both campuses (Brandenton first). You don't think that I should stress about the write-up at Bradenton...is it similar to the essay done on the PCAT?

How did you outline how you would be able to perform under their rigorous curriculum?

Thanks again!