interview dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delaram

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just got an interview invite for bu set for april 10th, but i'm also waiting for tufts and uconn, so i'd rather have those interviews at around the same time cuz i'm from cali. is it possible to call the other schools, even though they haven't offered me an interview yet? i'm soo stressed, i had an interview at temple last month, and i'm still waiting for their response. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is appropriate to contact the school to see if they can accommodate your schedule.

The only problem I see is that your BU interview is not until April 10th, and of you get an earlier interview at Tufts you don't want to postpone it since the earlier you interview the better.

I would call the school (Tufts) and tell them you are going to Boston soon and would like to know where you stand in the admissions process. See what they tell you.

Good luck.

howui3 said:
I think it is appropriate to contact the school to see if they can accommodate your schedule.

The only problem I see is that your BU interview is not until April 10th, and of you get an earlier interview at Tufts you don't want to postpone it since the earlier you interview the better.

I would call the school (Tufts) and tell them you are going to Boston soon and would like to know where you stand in the admissions process. See what they tell you.

Good luck.

I'd like to call tufts regarding my status, but when i call, the machine tells me to please not ask about my status b/c they're unable to tell over the phone....they seem so arrogant :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
BU says to check the AADSAS website for updates too. The only thing you can do is wait until an interview is offered and then see if you can schedule your interviews to suit your needs. But like Howui said, better to interview earlier than later.

did you get an interview for BU via an aadsas update or email/mail? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

delaram said:
I'd like to call tufts regarding my status, but when i call, the machine tells me to please not ask about my status b/c they're unable to tell over the phone....they seem so arrogant :mad:

I know they tell you that on the recording, but if you call to make sure your file is complete and under review you can get a conversation going with them. If you get a nice person they will help you out. I called New Jersey the other day and they told me that I am still under review but have not been granted an interview because I am out of state applicant (she reviewed my stats and said on paper I look good). So it depends who you get on the phone, some share more then others and it's a good idea to get a converation going.

They will tell you if they have all the letter and AADSAS stuff.

lovechild404 said:
did you get an interview for BU via an aadsas update or email/mail? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

i got it via email and my stats are overall 3.1, sci 2.9, 20/20/17 :(

by the way, does it make a negative impression if i went to the regional interview for bu? like, would it show less interest from me about the actual boston area?

delaram said:
by the way, does it make a negative impression if i went to the regional interview for bu? like, would it show less interest from me about the actual boston area?

If they're going to go through the trouble and spend all that money to hold regional interviews, then why in the world would they hold it against you if you go?

delaram said:
i got it via email and my stats are overall 3.1, sci 2.9, 20/20/17 :(

Don't be sad. You are a really strong candidate thats why they selected you. You do have pretty got DAT scores.

When tufts gives you an interview invite, they give you a list of dates that you get to pick from. They send it via email, so keep checking and hopefully you can pick a date near your BU interview date.

i know i don't have the best stats (3.19/2.89 and 19/19/18) but i really don't understand how they issue out interviews. i hate this whole damn process! honestly, though, good luck to everyone, because i know everyone has worked their butt off and no one "deserves" anything more than the next person.

dn6603 said:
Don't be sad. You are a really strong candidate thats why they selected you. You do have pretty got DAT scores.

:) thanks for the encouragement!

dn6603 said:

delaram said:

Anytime and Best of luck on your interview :).