Interview Dress Code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYPharm99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have interviewed, what is the dress code?

Members don't see this ad.

BlueCrayon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have interviewed, what is the dress code?

For guys, a suit is a must. Most likely black, charcoal grey or navy blue...and a relatively conservative shirt and tie. Don't stress over it...i read a bunch of stuff on here and other sites that got me all stressed out over whether my suit was too cheap and my shoes were formal enough. Don't worry about it too much, just match and look professional...honestly, I don't think they really care about it too much, your personality and knoweledge is way more important! It was kind of funny though, I walked in and the the first thing the interviewer said was nice suit! He was wearing the exact same one! :laugh:

ciencia nerd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Definitely wear a full suit not just shirt and tie w/o jacket. Out of the 4 interviews i went to this cycle only 1 guy wore a shirt and tie without the jacket and man did he stand out (he looked very uncomfortable too so I don't think he meant to !!) as far as the better quality suit I think its worth the extra $$, better fit + less wrinkle prone = more relaxed for me so I can focus on more important things during the interview

Members don't see this ad :)

inquirer89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read a post in the Md forum about people showing up to interviews in sneakers and jeans. LOL

Business attire for men and women. I's suggest bringing a briefcase or a nice leather bag and a professional-looking notepad and pen.

InternDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are a fan of Michael Jackson...
PLEASE..leave the white socks at home

yazzman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
University of the Pacific
c/o 2011

Waiting: UCSF, USC.

will you go to UOP if you get accepted at UCSF or USC

monsterbrain

Drinking for sanity.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just had an interview last Friday, and everyone was in a black or navy suit. All the guys had on really nice dress shoes, and 95 percent of the girls were wearing pants suits. The entire group was exceptionally professional-looking.

PharmDnewb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
c10740

This is the suit I wore (from Men's Warehouse) except I wore a white dress shirt and a black/white patterned tie. I bought it for the interview b/c I never owned a suit before.