interview dress-code

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview coming up in East Coast, and I know that many people think that nude pantyhose is the way to go with a skirt-suit. But since it is cold in East Coast, I was wondering if wearing black [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] .[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]thick .[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]knit .tights would be inappropriate.??? Also what do you think of boots? do you think boots are too sexy? if not what boot length do you think is appropriate?

Thanks people

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview coming up in East Coast, and I know that many people think that nude pantyhose is the way to go with a skirt-suit. But since it is cold in East Coast, I was wondering if wearing black [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]thick .[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]knit .tights would be inappropriate.??? Also what do you think of boots? do you think boots are too sexy? if not what boot length do you think is appropriate?

Thanks people

After going on a couple interviews, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter, as long as you look put together and appropriate. If you think black knit tights/boots look appropriate, go for it. But if you have to second guess yourself, then I'm going to assume that you don't think they are.

Members don't see this ad :)
After going on a couple interviews, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter, as long as you look put together and appropriate. If you think black knit tights/boots look appropriate, go for it. But if you have to second guess yourself, then I'm going to assume that you don't think they are.

I really don't know, so that is why I am asking you guys. From a professional point of view what do you guys think??

i would stick with nude. i saw someone wearing black tights today and i wasn't really a fan. plus, yeah it's cold up here, but it's not that cold. it was about 60 today. also, you're not outside too much, so you don't really need the thick tights! and i think i'd only go with boots if i were wearing pants...

Errr...I'm old school. I'd go with nude hose and some close-toed heels. It will be warm enough inside. I walked to my interview at Penn in different shoes carrying a duffel bag. I changed into heels when I got there. Actually, one of the admission staff sought me out to ask if that was me carrying a green bag on 40th St. I answered, "It was me if I was wearing hiking boots!"

I am a dude so obviously I have never had much experience with your situation; however, I just got back from 2 interviews on the east coast. I found that it was a lot warmer there than it is in Utah where I am going to school right now. You are going to be inside virtually the entire time so I would go with whatever you look and feel the most professional in.