Interview Drought

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wowzers. These threads keep getting better and better, SMFH. Can't wait to see the arguments and all out flame wars that will come from amazing threads like this one later in the cycle when humble brags and Neuroticism are at an all-time high. Stocking up on popcorn now.

Members don't see this ad.

Wowzers. These threads keep getting better and better, SMFH. Can't wait to see the arguments and all out flame wars that will come from amazing threads like this one later in the cycle when humble brags and Neuroticism are at an all-time high. Stocking up on popcorn now.

Its not really hate. Its OP's lack of self awareness that everyone is bashing him/her for. I cannot stress how important self awareness is. Not just in medicine, but in life. Always check yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
OP, I would nominate this for the douchiest humble brag thread of the season [EDIT: so far...].

That said, I've noticed the same phenomenon. A rush during mid august-mid September then a lull over the last like 2-3 weeks. I heard somewhere that with Oct 15th fast approaching, some schools are slowing down IIs until they get that first batch of acceptances out and get "a lay of the land." Alternatively, you could believe that the schools that sent you the IIs are the ones interested and the ones that have not have passed over you and will circle around for a second look in a month or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had been receiving II's pretty steadily from late august until a couple weeks ago, but now I feel as though I'm in a drought. Each (multiple time per) day I check my inbox I'm left empty handed. Anyone else in the same boat and, if so, how do you mentally justify it??
What is the percentage of schools who sent IIs compared to secondaries sent out?

You have 12 II's and you're complaining??? How many schools did you apply to??

How many acceptances do you have? It looks like you have at least ONE.

Do you realize how insensitive you're sounding. Do you have trouble with empathy?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user