Interview during away rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fatpigeon2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently on an away rotation until mid-october. I have an interview invite for the 3rd week of my rotation at a different school. Both schools (this away rotation and my interview invite) are not my number 1, but are both probably in my top 5 (I like the interview program a little better). Does it look sketchy to ask for a 1.5 days off to attend the interview or will the away blacklist me? Or do you think they would understand? Its possible I can get a later interview date, but that will just take up potential interview dates later and its up to the program coordinator of the program offering the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I left an away rotation two days early to go to an interview at a different school. It's interview season. They're human. They should understand. They know the pressures you're under to do as many interviews as possible and if they're not the kind of people that make it no big deal for you to get to an interview, you probably don't want to end up there anyway.