Interview Essay Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khala Jaan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you could post the schools name and what the essay question was that they asked you to rite on at the interviews, it would be nice.

Thanks.:)

Members don't see this ad.

make sure you use a spell-checker ;)

The questions change all the time and they are by no means anything that you need to study or prepare for...the purpose of them is simply to see if you are able to effectively communicate via writing. If you are not, you won't be able to hide that, not on the essay and my guess is that your lack of language skills would also become evident in the interview.

I will humor you though. A few example essay questions are;

Who was your favorite professor and what characteristics did you admire from him or her?
What was your favorite class in undergrad and why?

Questions like those are what we were given and although they do alter them frequently, the questions always seem to require ambiguous, reflective answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Regmata in that it's not so much what your answer is as much as it is how you write. Don't stress or prepare for the "essay" questions because they're all really easy and they're not really an essay - just a paragraph. But if it helps ease your mind Buffalo usually asks for one.

will anyone else "humor me"...thanks lol

How much time do they give you to answer the "essay" question?