interview etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrissystar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I have an interview at PCO Monday! Just wondering what some of the proper etiquette is....

shoudl I bring in a clipboard with questions?

a purse? to carry my wallet, etc?

my boyfriend is coming with me.. shoudl he dress up too? anyone bring parents/friends/significant others with them? WHen i got my invitation for the interview, it said friends and family were welcome...

or anything else i've missed?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I have an interview at PCO Monday! Just wondering what some of the proper etiquette is....

shoudl I bring in a clipboard with questions?

a purse? to carry my wallet, etc?

my boyfriend is coming with me.. shoudl he dress up too? anyone bring parents/friends/significant others with them? WHen i got my invitation for the interview, it said friends and family were welcome...

or anything else i've missed?

thanks!

Good luck with PCO. You can bring family but let them roam around the school until the tour starts. I recommend bringing a portfolio with a pad of paper inside so you can take notes during the interview as they talk. It's mainly for show of course but it works. Ask questions about anything! School life, costs, externships, class course loads, research opportunity, etc. Write them down on a piece of paper and put it in your portfolio and bust it out later when its time for you to question them. You'll blow them away with your knowledge. good luck

i brought a portfolio as well. it looks more professional than a clipboard. i put my cell and all wallet necessities in it. my boyfriend came with me as well, but we got there early and he just studied in the cafeteria the whole time until i was done. he just came for moral support and to tour philly and did not play a part in my interview at all. thats kinda how i liked it, but another girl brought her mom. i just feel bad for the person coz they sit and wait for like over 3 hours sometimes. so its up to you.