Interview Experience/Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girgisod2025

Reaction score
Hey,

I am interviewing with Kentucky, Midwestern IL, Indiana, Missouri St. Louis and Nova in the next couple weeks and I was wondering if anyone who interviewed/got accepted by any of those programs have any advice or insight on the interview questions or process overall.

They are all conducted via Zoom but I am assuming the format will be similar.

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is your IUSO interview an admissions day or now a one on one interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I am interviewing with KYCO, Midwestern IL, IUSO and Nova in the next couple weeks and I was wondering if anyone who interviewed/got accepted by any of those programs have any advice or insight on the interview questions or process overall.

Thanks in advance :))
What are your stats like if you don’t mind me asking?

What are your stats like if you don’t mind me asking?
Of Course!
OAT Scores: 300 AA/300 TS
Major: Biology with a Minor in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
GPA (Overall/Science): Overall: 3.76/Science: 3.67
Extra Curriculars: Historian of my Sorority (1 year), Director of Memebrship and Programming at the local chapter of NOW (On Going), Shadowed 1 Optometrist for 1 Semester, Worked as a Technician for 1 year, Own an online business and Volunteer with the Department of Blind Services.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey,

I am interviewing with Kentucky, Midwestern IL, Indiana, Missouri St. Louis and Nova in the next couple weeks and I was wondering if anyone who interviewed/got accepted by any of those programs have any advice or insight on the interview questions or process overall.

Hi your IUSO interview was via zoom? how was it ?

Hey,

What were your interviews like at Kentucky, UMSL, and Indiana? Looking for some insight before I interview with them! Thanks!

What were your interviews like at Kentucky, UMSL, and Indiana? Looking for some insight before I interview with them! Thanks!
Kentucky was a 1:2 setup with 2 faculty members in an open-file interview. It lasted about an hour.
UMSL was a day-long interview. Started out with introductions, presentations followed by a 1:2 open-file interview with faculty. UMSL sends decisions the same day so keep an eye out!
Indiana was just presentations and getting to know fellow applicants and faculty. No formal interview.